cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Frequency Alarm

richarfg
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2001 Newmar Mountainaire with a Freightliner Chassis and a Caterpillar. I have retracted the slides and the levellers completely, and I still have that high-frequency alarm. Does anything else cause the alarm? I have checked to make sure everything retracted completely. Any information would be helpful in troubleshooting this issue. Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trackrig wrote:
BigSkyBob wrote:
I've gotten that alarm in the past and it was the low fluid alarm for the jacks and slides reservoir. It only happened when the temps dropped so I added a small amount of ATF and that cured my issue.

X2

Had the same alarm. When checking the fluid level, it looked fine to me. I put a little bit of fluid in anyway and haven't had the alarm since. And when I say "a little" it only took a 1/4" of additional fluid and I've never had any leaks in the system.

Bill

Nice to know this. We were at a CG and approached by an elderly fellow and he didn't know what was causing the alarm. I looked and looked, and didn't want to do surgery on his coach. He ended up having to bring it to a shop. 😞
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
BigSkyBob wrote:
I've gotten that alarm in the past and it was the low fluid alarm for the jacks and slides reservoir. It only happened when the temps dropped so I added a small amount of ATF and that cured my issue.

X2

Had the same alarm. When checking the fluid level, it looked fine to me. I put a little bit of fluid in anyway and haven't had the alarm since. And when I say "a little" it only took a 1/4" of additional fluid and I've never had any leaks in the system.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
2001 Newmar will have HWH jacks
1. HWH jacks do NOT have a fluid level sensor or alarm. EACH jack has a down sensor and IF any of the 4 sensors is not closed, then the HWH touch pad will indicate in red which jack does not show up(retracted)
2. There is NO alarm on Newmar slides if retracted or extended.
3. Are you positive that alarm is NOT your Air bag low air sensor? Are your Air tanks over 80 PSI? If not, then you will get an audible alarm. Doug

richarfg
Explorer
Explorer
Hadn't even thought about that...thanks!

BigSkyBob
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 760 LRM GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.