cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hoover, AL

aboeck3
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for any information on the "camp ground" at Hoover, AL stadium. Anyone been there? What did you think?
Al & Jane - RETIRED
(Nico, Smudge & Boo - Cocker Spaniels)
2017 Winnebago Journey 42E with 2013 Honda CR-V toad & 2 bicycles (just in case)
Dreams Do Come True
4 REPLIES 4

Laman
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed at he ball park lot a couple of times when in Hoover for shooting competitions. It is convenient to I-459 and shopping with large sites and good hook-ups but it is definitely not a campground experience. It gets very hot during the summer and worse the adjacent parking lot seemed to be the nighttime gathering spot for many cars who practiced their spin-outs and burning rubber each night.

I won't stay there again.
1998 American Eagle 40' EVS, 2011 Ford Edge, Falcon 2 tow bar
DW and 2 DD's

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Oak Mountain SP is beautiful, full hook ups and lots to do. Hoover Park is basically a big parking lot with book ups. When I drove by it last year they had several run down units with tarps covering them and looked like permanent camps. Not saying that's bad, just not my cup of tea.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
If you are going to be in Hoover you just as well as drive 15 minutes more to Oak Mountain State Park in Pelham. That is a very nice, full hook up park.

gsander1
Explorer
Explorer
It's a very safe and clean location. The facility is full hookups on concrete. It is there to support the baseball stadium. If you want a green and leafy campground this is not it. If you want a place to overnight or visit friends and family in Birmingham, this is the place for you.
George in Birmingham, AL
03 Country Coach Magna