cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you like your SuperSteer trac bar? F53

livingaboard
Explorer
Explorer
I just got my ss401 trac bar from Hendersons in Oregon. I plan on installing it this week.

The wind last year driving from Eastern Washington beat the hell out of me. My RV's back end was all over the place.

Anybody else use the same or similar setup with good results in windy conditions? My rv is in my signature line.
Dave
Everett, WA
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, F53 Triton V-10
Firestone air bags with Quad control air gauge
Pressure Pro tire pressure monitor
Banks Exhaust
SuperSteer rear trac bar
Olympian Wave heaters (Wall mount and portable)
8 REPLIES 8

livingaboard
Explorer
Explorer
huffmeister wrote:
livingaboard wrote:
I just got my ss401 trac bar from Hendersons in Oregon. I plan on installing it this week.

The wind last year driving from Eastern Washington beat the hell out of me. My RV's back end was all over the place.

Anybody else use the same or similar setup with good results in windy conditions? My rv is in my signature line.

Interesting, you are a senior member yet you have only been on WA. according to your map. Anyway, I have had my Trac Bar for 8 years and am quite satisfied.

Yeah, I even lurked on here for a while before "joining." I am in my early 40's and my wife is ten years younger. We are foster parents to a one year old that we are adopting and we already adopted her brother who is about to turn three. We also have a 16 year old and both of us work full time. We don't have time to drive many places at all let alone out of state. So if I get some time I would like to drive around a bit. It probably won't happen for quite a while
Dave
Everett, WA
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, F53 Triton V-10
Firestone air bags with Quad control air gauge
Pressure Pro tire pressure monitor
Banks Exhaust
SuperSteer rear trac bar
Olympian Wave heaters (Wall mount and portable)

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
We made our own trac bar. cost less than $80.00. Works great.

huffmeister
Explorer
Explorer
livingaboard wrote:

Interesting, you are a senior member yet you have only been on WA. according to your map. Anyway, I have had my Trac Bar for 8 years and am quite satisfied.

C-Leigh_Racing
Explorer
Explorer
Trac Bar, best thing you can do for the F53 chassis, now if we could just do something about the harsh ride, so the cabinets maybe stay on the walls we would be happy happy happy.
Neil

racer99
Explorer
Explorer
We made our own trac bar and the trip to Fla. was a true test you'll be very happy with the results no matter who makes it-Rich

NAUTIQUE
Explorer
Explorer
My first addition was a "Steer-Safe" on the front - Helped a little.
Added Brazel's "Ultra-trac" trac bar to rear - BIG improvement!
My 2 cents is that rear trac bar & correct tire pressure for weight are best.
Also hear the "CHF" is a great no-cost improvement - trying that soon.
Our Portable Summer Cottage II : 2000 GBM LANDAU - 99 F53 chassis
Tweaked w/: Allure floor, Sumitomo ST718's, Bilstein's, Steer-Safe, UltraTrac rear trac bar, CHF & Poly Bushings. Pulling a 97 Jeep TJ- Pics & Mods * GBM Thread * F53 Thread
LIFE IS GOOD! :C

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I have only driven about 30 miles but It was in 30 mph cross winds. I like the track bar. I have Blue Ox Tiger trak TT2401. I also have Roadmaster rear anti sway & moved the Ford factory anti sway bolts back to 2nd hole. In the front I am using the Helwig hangers with the factory bars. Plus steersafe. I'm a happy camper.

royl
Explorer
Explorer
One of the best investments I have made. It took out all the sway and when passing or being passed by semi trucks I have no sway at all. Love mine.
Roy & Sabine
2000 Coachman Classic 27 RK Fifthwheel
1992 Dodge D250