cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do tow bars last and should they be re-built/replaced?

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

My Ready Brute Elite tow bars are about 10 years old. We travel an average of 10,000 miles a year towing our CRV. While they still work fine, I was wondering about the lifespan of these. They show normal outside wear, they go in a bin or the garage when not in use, but I still question the wear I can't see. Has anyone ever sent theirs back to theirs manufacturer to have them inspected/refurbished?

Thanks

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS
2 REPLIES 2

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II

Blue ox told me that 10 years was the limit. I would bring it to the, for service every couple years

John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

Well, like u said , Ready - Brute - Elite.  
i would think its ‘ready’ to tow, because it’s a ‘brute’ plus it’s in a class of it’s own, ‘Elite’

If its not showing wear and you feel no ‘slop’ when you’re muscling it, seems good IMO.
  I would hope a respected hitch manufacturer would ‘alert’ customers if parts were known to wear. If they were experiencing a high volume of replacement of a part.   
    Think about all the people towing toads that buy used equipment.  Do they ask about mileage and what year it was manufactured ?  Probably not and all those bars are probably working .  

I pay attention to inspect the rv hitch and toad base-plate.