cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

monymon
Explorer
Explorer
munkalido wrote:
Poi Dog wrote:

According to the guy I spoke to at Edelbrock, they do not have a direct replacement for the Thermoquad. He was not very forth coming with info... kinda had'ta drag it outta him! His total answer was "take it to a shop, they should be able to make it work!"
Not the answer I was looking for......

Well, they used to market the 1905 as a direct replacement. Perhaps they stopped due to problems... same problems I'm experiencing now. I wish I would have just went to Napa and bought a refurb. Thermoquad and been done with it.

I just replaced the Thermoquad on my 1979 Mobile Traveller with an Edelbrock Performer carburetor. A square bore to spread bore adapter; Edelbrock P/N 2696 and the associated gasket is all that it took.

donran
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got my propane, 11 gallons at $2.95 a gallen here in Southern California.

Got hot water, nice. Even the refrigerator works. The one side of the RV continues buckle. I'm goint to have to start to look at what is suppose to be holding it up. whether the cabinets have somehow disnengaged from the floor or the bracdes are all wet and bending..This is what makes these old RV so excitiing and gets the grade 'rustic'.
1976 Dodge Sportsman, Suveyor rig, "rustic" condition.

Scruffy5
Explorer
Explorer
Off the battery terminal of the alternator
Scruffy 1977 25'Allegro

xxgearxx
Explorer
Explorer
Just got an old Dodge based motorhome..1971.
Does anyone have any info about these?
I plan to recondition it..and one of my first priorities is adding a house battery.
I noticed it has an alternator with an external regulator.
I'm thinking of buying an isolator to charge 2 batteries.
I've seen diagrams on how to fit an isolator, but was wondering if I come off the regulator, or directly off the large terminal of the alternator to the isolato-or from the regulator to the isolator?
I need to know how to do this.
Any info or web-sites that might be helpful?
Also any info about reconditioning these would be a big help.

Noodleman
Explorer
Explorer
Ugh! we FINALLY got the water situation figured out, the city water connector had been ripped out. Hooked up the hose, turned on the water, had good flow from the bathroon sink, marginal at the kitchen sink and some flow from the shower. I made the mistake of pushing the pedal to fill up the toilet! It filled up, but i couldn't get the flap to release so it would flush. Needless to say it LEAKED! I was able to get the bowl to drain by forcing the flap open a bit. Who thought up the mounting screws for RV toilets? The front bolt is behind te flush pedal. depress the pedal and there it is, in 25 years of whatever that stuff is that collets in there. The rear bolt requires an access cover to be popped off on teh bowl, a 12 inch ratchet extender and a swivel adapter for the 1/2 inch socket. Oh what fun.

donran
Explorer
Explorer
Ive been trying to figure what forces are causing my the shrouding on the rear corners to come off and the walls to open. Since the back is not straight but pointed in the rear my conslusion is its downword pressure and the ceiling lowing. Ther are several sources of weight on the real including a spare tire on the outside and a long swing down shelf supported on the wall. I am not sure what is under the paneling for major support but I have heard its 1" x 1".

I think the structual solution is to run a cable from either side under the paneling with a turnbuckle and plates at the end to pull the side back in to the center. This would provide a stetchable support and allow the edges and the shrouding to be resealed and eliminate future strain.

new_v_er
Explorer
Explorer
gmantwo wrote:
One other thing, the skin on the left and right side of my camper, right where the overhang above the cab starts, has splits going up towards the top. I'm thinking that's from wind pressure against the overhang, but I'm not sure. They are caulked, but if wind pressure is doing it, I'm wondering about anchoring the overhang to the cab or bumper in some way??Greg

Wow!! I can't believe all the new folks that signed on ths summer!! Hi to you all.

We've been out with the rig every chance we get. The michigan farmers hate the drought but it makes for GREAT camping. Zero problems with the old girl.

Greg, I'm not sure but if ther is signs of water damage on the panneling on the inside area where you see the splits and or wrinkles in the siding, you may have wood rot in the structure at the top and bottom of the overhang. The overhang may beginning to sag. Try not to overload the loft until you can replace the supports.

Long live summer!!!
Bill
Regarding your LOT in Life: Build something on it ... or park your Dodge on it.;)
Bill & Laurie
1976 Dodge Sportsman Midas Mini 226

HeatSeeker
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone, and yet still another one, this one coming out of Northwestern Ohio. 76' Dodge Rockwood with a 360v-8 and only 67,000 miles on it, haven't been able to use this year like had planned don't know whether to keep or to let it go in hopes someone else can get to enjoy.
1976 Dodge Rockwood edition,67,000 miles

donran
Explorer
Explorer
What a trip, put water in the RV, no leaks things actually worked. Few flushes and what looked like a dirt bowl flushed down, cleaned itself and sealed. Little weird when your family lines up to use the RV toilet. Found some sanitizer, 8oz does 40 gallons. Of course no one is happy because they don't have hot water, propane is next. The weight of 40 gallons of fresh water (320 lbs) really presses down on the rear duals. Got to find a way to check pressure and fill tires. The dealer put two new tires on the back because one of them went flat and the casing cracked. I found out I don't have an inverter, just an ac inlet that connects to a simple 20 amp charger with a 12.7 output voltage. Think I'll just by a small inverter for the 19" TV. The only generator I have is a 6500 watt Coleman Powermate that is the second loudest generator ever made and known for throwing cranks. Needs a tractor muffler and a spark arrester. When you can actually wash and poop in your RV it makes you feel kind of good.

GypZ
Explorer
Explorer
My first Dodge and it's a 1977 Tioga Sportsman 24' with a 440. I'm new to RVing and this one was given to me by my grandpa after it sat for several years. Guess I'm gonna have to hire a handyman to help me get her on the road again. Anyhoo, hello all. Julie

donran
Explorer
Explorer
It was just a shelf that lets down that needed some oil. The bed is pulling the table of some pipe, setting the pipe aside and inserting the table to make the bottom support of the bed.

munkalido
Explorer
Explorer
jrcaneva wrote:
Hello Hello. I just bought a nice 78 440 Dodge Itaska with 80,000 miles and all original. Just need to work out the bugs. What about headers or duals for this is it worth the trouble?

Doug Thorley THY-109Y-C... Ceramic coated headers $499 @ Summit Racing. You can get them cheaper if you don't get the ceramic coating, which is to help keep the engine compartment cooler.

donran
Explorer
Explorer
There is some kind of bed in the back of my rv. Kind of looks like it would swing down and set on the table or something. But it doesn't move. I cant seem to find a latch or anything. Anyone got an idea what this is and how it works.

jrcaneva
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Hello. I just bought a nice 78 440 Dodge Itaska with 80,000 miles and all original. Just need to work out the bugs. What about headers or duals for this is it worth the trouble?

Amberbunny
Explorer
Explorer
Mom has a 97 ROadtrek on the DOdge chasis and she wants a Coach House circa 2000 on DOdge 3500. ANy owners with insite on this model please advise.