cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How much solar

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
How much solar power do you suppose I have? Four panels, 3 of the same and the one different. All 4 panels are about 2 foot by 4 foot

:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C
9 REPLIES 9

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Using a multimeter you should be able to read the output amperage and volts from the solar panels and determine the exact amount of wattage that you are getting from the panels in bright sun. Remember the output varies with the amount of the sun rays that can reach the panels so the best you can get is a reading on what the output is at that specific point in time when you measure it. The next day the output may be more or it may be less. .

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
In the end, your solar panels are there to charge your house batteries and not to run anything directly. There should be a voltage regulator in the loop somewhere, should be before the battery connection, or else the solar panels will fry your batteries. With a solar powered house, the panel powers a battery bank that in turn runs the house through an inverter. In bright sunshine, most panels put out a LOT more voltage and power than what they are rated for...hence the need for a regulator. I found that out the hard way a few years ago by hooking up a supposed 12VDC solar panel directly to the battery, without a regulator, on a big generator to keep the battery charged. Came back to do monthly PM and found the battery out of water and dead. Checked the voltage on the panel and it was putting out about 30VDC in bright sunshine.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
those round cell ones look like OEM seimens panels
36 cells approx 18vmax 15.5v nominal
comparing them to size of the A/C they are small by todays standards, but normal when MFG, i would guessitmate them at abut 30w each

the 4th panel is more recent looks to be poly crystal
is as wide as the a/c unit and much longer could be 80~120w panel

i would guess about 200w total, would be a close guess

I've been trying to look them up on the internet. From what I've found the 3 are Siemens SR100 panels. They are all the same size. It's just the angle the photo was taken.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

MrWizard
those round cell ones look like OEM seimens panels
36 cells approx 18vmax 15.5v nominal
comparing them to size of the A/C they are small by todays standards, but normal when MFG, i would guessitmate them at abut 30w each

the 4th panel is more recent looks to be poly crystal
is as wide as the a/c unit and much longer could be 80~120w panel

i would guess about 200w total, would be a close guess
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
If they are working for you then you have plenty.
If you need more get at least double.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Just a guess 260
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
There is no way to accurately determine by a pic. I would start by checking each panel for a model number or panel rating. Good luck.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
400 +\-
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do a search on google... I came up with about 90-100 WATTS... Lots of variables I guess...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS