Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get chassis parts??

cj7365
Explorer
Explorer
For instance I have a 95 Winnebago 7.4 Chevy

I know pretty much the engine parts are the same as a Chevy truck having the same motor.

But what about a fuel pump, my RV has a 60gallon tank, How would I go about getting that?

Or lets say rear brakes, I know I have the GM 14 bolt, is it the same one that is in a 1tn truck?
10 REPLIES 10

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
1990's Chevy RV chassis is either P-series (shared with step van) or G-series (based on second generation Chevy van). If over 12,300 pounds GVWR, it is almost certainly P-series, so that's where you start looking for parts.

Commercial applications for these chassis greatly outnumbered RV production, so go into the parts store with the idea that you have a General Motors P-30. If you can find the chassis VIN, the model number from that will help trim down what has to be searched. There are tens of thousands of bread vans and potato chip vans sharing parts with you.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Greyghost
Explorer
Explorer
You can get most parts here---Step Van Parts
Pat & Roger Fisher
2005 American Tradition 40W
2012 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD,
Jewel, Clifford and Thor - Bouvier Des Flandres

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rock Auto lists fuel pumps from multiple vendors for the 1994-95 P-30 chassis.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.oemys-performance.com/whpartspxx.htm

http://www.oemys-performance.com/whparts.htm
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA · W3TLN · FMCA 335149 · Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R · W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed · 2013 Honda Accord EX-L · 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

cj7365
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
Most auto parts store use 1995 P-30 chassis to look up parts. When I can't find a part at AutoZone, Adv auto, PeP Boys I can't usually find these parts at Napa. I don't have an Oreilly's near by but I hear they are good for these older parts on the P-30 chassis.

Ok great, thanks

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Don't ask how I know but if you need a 80 gal fuel tank for a 1994 P30 your screwed.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most auto parts store use 1995 P-30 chassis to look up parts. When I can't find a part at AutoZone, Adv auto, PeP Boys I can't usually find these parts at Napa. I don't have an Oreilly's near by but I hear they are good for these older parts on the P-30 chassis.

cj7365
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Decode your VIN and it will tell you what type of chassis that you have, like a P30, etc. From that you should be able to find parts at any medium truck parts supplier.

Ok thank you this make sense

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Decode your VIN and it will tell you what type of chassis that you have, like a P30, etc. From that you should be able to find parts at any medium truck parts supplier.

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
you can contact a winnebago dealer or if a chevy, just contact a dealer. or just goooooogle what you want.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Winnebago+parts&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015