cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if coach is a wide body or not.

dtucker3usa
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me how to tell how to tell if a coach is a wide body? I have a 1997 Damon Intruder 352. The front tires are set 6 to 8 inches inside of the body itself. Does this mean I have a wide body with a standard P30 chassis or is the chassis considered a wide body too. I'm looking for suspension parts and they all say except wide body. Any help would be appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
dtucker3usa wrote:
Any idea who sells suspension parts, anti-sway bar, stabilizer, etc. for a wide body?

Here is a great source for P30/P32 suspension parts. Robert Henderson still drives an old Chevy chassis.

Henderson Line Up

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
On the P series chassis, starting in 2000, Workhorse also had a narrow track and a wide track independent suspension which increased the wheel track of the front suspension.

X2 Mine is listed as a wide track. The front wheels are further apart than the P30 chassis. Coach is 102" wide also
Full timing it since July 2012

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'll bet that you have the narrow track chassis for 1997 and that the body measures 96" outside to outside. If it was the wide body, it would measure 102 1/2" outside to outside.

dtucker3usa
Explorer
Explorer
If the body is 8.5 ft, does that make the chassis a wide body too? Like I said in my original post, the tires are 6 to 8 inches inside of the body.

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
How?? Measure it!!
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

dtucker3usa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the info. When I've looked for parts it always says not for wide body. So I guess I can just ignore it and get the parts listed.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
On the P series chassis, starting in 2000, Workhorse also had a narrow track and a wide track independent suspension which increased the wheel track of the front suspension.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
The body is wider, not the chassis.

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Chassis on a wide body is no different then on on a narrow body.
So all chassis parts are the same.

google is your friend on finding chassis suspension parts, anti-sway bar, stabilizer, etc
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

dtucker3usa
Explorer
Explorer
Any idea who sells suspension parts, anti-sway bar, stabilizer, etc. for a wide body?

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the body width is more than 96", it's a wide body.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate