cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hunt's or Heinz? Coke or Pepsi? Ford or Chevy?

KendallP
Explorer
Explorer
So if you were in the market for a '90s Class A... and your favorite make and model came in both the Ford F53 and Chevy P30 chassis... which would you prefer and why?

One thing I noticed... the Fords appear to have a wider track, which I like. Do I have that right?
Cheers,
Kendall
26 REPLIES 26

jd620
Explorer
Explorer
Heinz, Coke, Ford. There's a reason why they don't make Chevy anymore. Ford dominates the truck market.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hunts, Pepsi and Ford.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Hunts/Diet Coke/If 90's 460 then Chev if V10 then Ford.

YMMV
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

Rainier
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely Heinz, Coke, and always Chevy:)

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Hunts, Coke, and Chevy
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
KendallP wrote:
So if you were in the market for a '90s Class A... and your favorite make and model came in both the Ford F53 and Chevy P30 chassis... which would you prefer and why?

One thing I noticed... the Fords appear to have a wider track, which I like. Do I have that right?

Hunts, coke Chevy and a DP!!
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4

lakebum
Explorer
Explorer
don't know the answer to your question, but

Heinz, Pepsi & Chevy
Ken & Janice
South Hill, Virginia

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
smkettner wrote:
That is easy. Heinz, Coke & Ford

My thoughts exactly. Why go bland when you can have better
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
A 2005 is a completely different (better) animal that the 90's.

I had a 97 FOrd F-53 ON A 35 Holiday Rambler.

It was a terrible chassis. The 460 had manifold problems constantly.

Constant brake issues, 16" wheels, in tank fuel pump problems and handling-steering in cross winds was terrible.

I had a 96 on the CHevy and it was much better although I admit it was a 27' and much lighter.

My advice would be to go with 2003 and up Ford with the V-10
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Are both still being made? If not I'd choose the one that is still in production.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
F53 would be my choice. I have had both, and enjoyed both. Both were year model 2005. The Ford is a Fleetwood Bounder, and the P30 was a Winnie Sightseer. The Ford drives better, it has no airbags to maintain or replace, it has no yellow button parking brake, it rides better. I put money into the P30 in an attempt to make it smoother and better, I replaced air bags, added springs and shocks, but the Ford still is better with just the factory stuff. The P30 was a little quicker from a stop but the Ford carries speed on the interstate just as well as the P30.

Others may have had different experiences but that's my story. 🙂 I can not comment on the 90s stuff.
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis