cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HWH 310 Series Manifold Solenoid

drifterpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I need an HWH solenoid RAP0642. This solenoid powers left rear jack on my motorhome. Motorhome is currently at an RV dealership undergoing other repairs. Dealership contacted HWH to order the solenoid. HWH states the solenoid is on backorder and not expected to be available for three weeks. I don't want to wait that long and am trying to locate a solenoid, preferably new, but will take a "used" one.
I plan on contacting local dealerships tomorrow, but thought I would post a query here with the possibility that someone might know where I could locate a solenoid quickly.
Thanks
2017 Allegro 34P
7,900 Miles, Ford V10
Winegard (in-motion tracking)
Blue Ox Avail
Brake Buddy
9 REPLIES 9

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
take it to a hydraulic shop
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

drifterpilot
Explorer
Explorer
HWH left rear jack solenoid installed today. Tested and tests satisfactory.
2017 Allegro 34P
7,900 Miles, Ford V10
Blue Ox Avail
Brake Buddy

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
SmithRV wrote:
drifterpilot wrote:
I need an HWH solenoid RAP0642. This solenoid powers left rear jack on my motorhome. Motorhome is currently at an RV dealership undergoing other repairs. Dealership contacted HWH to order the solenoid. HWH states the solenoid is on backorder and not expected to be available for three weeks. I don't want to wait that long and am trying to locate a solenoid, preferably new, but will take a "used" one.
I plan on contacting local dealerships tomorrow, but thought I would post a query here with the possibility that someone might know where I could locate a solenoid quickly.
Thanks

Wow same thing happened to us. The solenoid was going bad and told us low battery warning on the HWH control panel. But we have a 1997 Winnebago Grand Tour Vectra 35WQ. When we got it the rear left jack would not go up when we pressed store button and would remain down. Ended begging a bent jack and had to replace it. But the rear solenoid should be behind the battery compartment where you plug in your engine heater to the plug. And we ordered it off amazon. The best way to find where it is lookup your HWH manual and find the diagram and it should tell you either there, online or in the RV's manual. Be careful when replacing and disconnect your battery's hot line. Those solenoids convert 110 DC. Learned that the hard way. If you have more questions message me and I'll help you more.

1. HWH HYDRAULIC Jack solenoids, all 4 are located side by side on the HWH pump
2. They do NOT convert anything. They are 12 volt DC operated from the RV's 12 volt system
3. The ONLY thing I can think of you may have if HWH is a Air system where they do locate the air solenoids in a different location usually close to the engine area. Doug

SmithRV
Explorer
Explorer
drifterpilot wrote:
Thanks

Wow same thing happened to us. The solenoid was going bad and told us low battery warning on the HWH control panel. But we have a 1997 Winnebago Grand Tour Vectra 35WQ. When we got it the rear left jack would not go up when we pressed store button and would remain down. Ended begging a bent jack and had to replace it. But the rear solenoid should be behind the battery compartment where you plug in your engine heater to the plug. And we ordered it off amazon. The best way to find where it is lookup your HWH manual and find the diagram and it should tell you either there, online or in the RV's manual. Be careful when replacing and disconnect your battery's hot line. Those solenoids convert 110 DC. Learned that the hard way. If you have more questions message me and I'll help you more.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
It seems HWH had a problem in their Solenoid production and caused them to dedicate all the solenoids to OEM sales of complete systems. Doug

drifterpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Doug
Initial symptom - Left rear jack would not retract. It was locked in the "down" position solid, upward force on the jack base did nothing. Pressing "Store" on panel only retracted other three jacks. Opening "T" handle on the solenoid did nothing. Only when I opened the bleed plug at top of cylinder and released fluid did the jack springs bring up the jack. After 3-1/2 weeks (after I first called HWH), I received a call back from HWH. Walking me through, we discovered no 12 volts at the solenoid. HWH told me to check the fuse on the "silver" power box velcroed to the firewall. While I was able to squeeze my hand in to loosen the velcro, I was unable to maneuver the box to view the end of the power box due to the multiple wire runs and air ducting. At this point, I took the coach to a local dealership for them to work on the jack problem. They found a blown 10amp fuse on the power box and replaced it. Attempted to operate the leveling system again and blew the fuse again. They replaced the jack sensor and substituted another solenoid for the affected jack and said the jack extended and retracted. They informed me that I needed another solenoid. They contacted HWH and was told the solenoids were on backorder and not expected in for about three weeks. Last evening, I looked at listings of 1/2 dozen solenoids on Amazon and Ebay; they were all "ended". I called two RV places this morning within my 50 mile area and found three solenoids (old T-handle style) at one location and one at the other. I drove to one of them and purchased same for $210.00 (the other place wanted $277.00 for one). I delivered the solenoid this afternoon to where my coach is. Hope to know something tomorrow.
2017 Allegro 34P
7,900 Miles, Ford V10
Blue Ox Avail
Brake Buddy

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Pretty common part. hard to believe even HWH has none. There are 2 versions and both will work. There is the original large solenoid with manual release screw and the newer smaller with a spring loaded release. Both will work. If you check Amazon and E bay, they both have listings for your solenoid. What was your complaint on the system? There are only 2 reasons to replace that solenoid.
1. Jack retracts after extended
2. Jack fails to extend. Doug

drifterpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Brett,
Not sure what is wrong with it. Dealership only stated a new one was needed.
2017 Allegro 34P
7,900 Miles, Ford V10
Blue Ox Avail
Brake Buddy

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
What is wrong with it? If just seals, they are pretty easy to replace.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/