cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HWH customer service phone number is a joke

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I just made the trip to Moscow, Iowa two weeks ago and got my failing Atwood levelers replaced by HWH hydraulic system.

After the demo given me by the installing technician I asked if it was possible to readjust the home level position if it should be needed later. He said that it was covered in the instruction manual they gave me.

As it turned out I wanted to make a small adjustment to the home position because our bathroom door was not plumb and I preferred to readjust it, based on the vertical position of the door. I looked through the book over and over but could find no answer. I thought, no problem, I'll just call the customer support number they gave me and get a quick answer. The lady who answered said they would need to call me back. She didn't ask me what the problem was. I asked if she knew about how long it would be, so I would know whether to hang around my rv storage lot and wait or come back later. She said they would put me on the list and it would be about two weeks.

The last thing I was told after my customer instruction session was that I could always get help Mon/Fri via the customer service number they provided. I joked that if I needed them it would definitely not be Mon/Fri.

Little did I know that the customer service number was a joke, period.
23 REPLIES 23

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
One would think a company with such a quality product and with the reasonably high cost for it could afford to hire one or two customer service people.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
1. Did you NOT get the Operators/instruction manual?
2. The reason the phone number is loaded up is because of people like you. You call for help when you either have the Instruction manual or lack the resources/lazy to go online to HWHcorp.com and they have any and all instructional help you would need. Including a specific site on their online manuals for ALL their various Leveling adjustments. Here it is. Doug

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml47508.pdf

Here we go again, Doug. Maybe we can get through this without too many (lazy) insults or any of your other ****. I READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS SEVERAL TIMES AND I'M PRETTY SURE I UNDERSTAND THEM. I didn't like the blind trial and error method. I thought there must be a series of buttons to set like your old company used to have. Much trouble as the Atwoods were, resetting level position was easy. I told the installer I may want to use the hinged bathroom as a reference for level misunderstood the installer to say the level set was a snap. I really wanted to put some of the 775 miles behind me that day because it was a Wednesday and I had no one at home to watch after my wife after Thursday.

The whole point of the post was not the issue at hand as much as the fact that their last words were. "If you run into any problems just call the customer help number any Monday thru Friday." Easypeazy, Right?

I will not move the screws, I just felt that calling me back in 2 weeks was absurd. I didn't leave a number to call back since they were so busy my issue wasn't so important.

Racklefratz wrote:
THAT'S pretty heavy-handed, and shows YOU obviously haven't experienced the HWH "call-back" problem. OTOH, I **HAVE**.

That's just Doug.

Racklefratz
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
The reason the phone number is loaded up is because of people like you. You call for help when you either have the Instruction manual or lack the resources/lazy to go online to HWHcorp.com and they have any and all instructional help you would need. Including a specific site on their online manuals for ALL their various Leveling adjustments.

THAT'S pretty heavy-handed, and shows YOU obviously haven't experienced the HWH "call-back" problem. OTOH, I **HAVE**.

When I noticed a pool of hydraulic fluid under our coach several years ago, I went to the HWH website for clues. That website is the most disorganized and poorly designed site I think I've ever seen, and with all the litany of various permutations and combinations of HWH systems available and in service on all manner of commercial and RV vehicles over the years, trying to actually find the one installed on YOUR specific vehicle is a royal PITA. And if it's a parts issue, one first has to know specifically WHICH parts will be required, and the average owner probably WON'T know that. Even if one DOES know, it's difficult to impossible to find them available for ordering on the website.

On the "callback" issue, I was told the same thing as the OP here was told, and it turned out to be FOUR BLASTED MONTHS LATER when I finally got a call. During that time, I was definitely exploring other options for any kind of local help, but it turns out none of the mobile tech operations have any experience working on leveling systems, and taking this coach to any of the lame RV dealers, where they park it out on the back lot for 3 months before one of their minimum-wage flunkies ever gets started with his on-job training on it on my dime was totally out of the question. Not happening.

Four long months after I first called HWH, I was shocked and surprised that someone from HWH actually DID call, and to their credit, he was sympathetic, knowledgeable, and helpful. After discussing the problem, he surmised that an o-ring kit to replace those in the suspected leaking solenoid would fix the problem. It did.

So my contact with HWH, once it finally took place, was productive, and the problem was solved. But your diatribe here of accusing people you don't know of being "too lazy" to get whatever resources they need is not helpful - you have no way of knowing what they might have done, or if they're even capable of handling the repairs on their own. I have done lots of repairs on our coach, and I always do it myself when I can. But I'm an owner with no formal RV maintenance training, and when I needed HWH's help, it was a frustrating experience.
2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP (All Electric)

keefr
Explorer
Explorer
I have had dealings with HWH twice. Once indirectly through Triple E when a hydraulic hose developed a leak - they sent a replacement quickly and charged almost nothing. The second time was when I ordered a set of jack springs. They arrived promptly and reasonably priced. They were most helpful on the phone when I ordered the springs. They are fantastic to deal with.
Never argue with an idiot - they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - George Carlin

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Did you NOT get the Operators/instruction manual?
2. The reason the phone number is loaded up is because of people like you. You call for help when you either have the Instruction manual or lack the resources/lazy to go online to HWHcorp.com and they have any and all instructional help you would need. Including a specific site on their online manuals for ALL their various Leveling adjustments. Here it is. Doug

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml47508.pdf

travisc
Explorer
Explorer
When Iโ€™ve called they have a tech call you back, theyโ€™ve been very helpful
Winnebago Access 24V

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
phays wrote:
I've downloaded a troubleshooting guide for mine and have used it several times. I do know that at times they can take awhile to call you back.

I only wanted to change the level setting slightly but it is not that big a deal. With the level system I had before (which I don't want back) all I had to do was manually find the level spot and then push a series of buttons to lock it in. I was looking for something like this but it appears that what I want to do is more involved, so I'll live with it, as is, before I start turning screws down below.

phays wrote:
I've also been to Moscow several times

Not something I wanted to hear @ 1550 miles per round trip.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I guess this must have been one of those times. I wasn't upset that I didn't get an answer right away. It wasn't a critical issue. I was upset that, after they assured me, on my way out the door, that help was just a phone call away, the wait time would be two weeks, regardless of the reason for the call. I didn't bother to request a call back.

phays
Explorer
Explorer
I've always found HWH to be responsive to my needs. I've also been to Moscow several times and found their service excellent. You can go online to HWH and download manuals for your system. I've downloaded a troubleshooting guide for mine and have used it several times. I do know that at times they can take awhile to call you back.