cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HWH leveler problems.

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
I have been trying to get my Levelers to work. They are HWH with the three joysticks. I know how to operate them so I have the parking brake on transmission in park. I turn the leveler on the light shows were it is low and the power light is on. I move the small joysticks out and then the large joystick. Nothing happens I can't hear the pump motor come on. The rig has a slideout and that pump motor works fine. Doe's anyone know if the leveler shares the slideout pump or doe's it have it's own pump. If it doe's have it's own pump is there a inline fuse between the control panel and the pump and if so were is it located? If the indicator lights are coming on would that mean that the circuit board is ok?
13 REPLIES 13

ANewTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Doug, Getting my meter out to check voltages to solenoid on pump - thanks again

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
ANewTraveler wrote:
I also am trying to get my levelers to work on a 2001 Damon Intruder 37' Triton V10 Intruder model 350 - the levelers worked fine until leaving the last park a month ago and upon arriving at destination the levelers will not extend ( not kick down levelers ).
1. I know the parking break must be "ON" and trans in "Park"
2. Do the slide outs have to be IN for the pump to come on?
I am working on them with RV level and both slide outs extended.
I believe my slideouts are electric motors...
3. My HWH model is a 210 version and the lights lite as indicated.
4. Pump is filled to within 1/2" from top with all levelers retracted.
5. I suppose what I am asking (for now) is do I have to have the slideouts retracted for the levelers to work on my model RV?

I remember trying to retract rooms with motor ON and they would not work - just wondering if there is some kind of safety.

Mike

NO, HWH jack/slideout systems the jacks will operate regardless of slide position. Same with the Slide rooms. They will operate regardless of jack position. There is an exception but not on a 210 system. Doug

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
ANewTraveler wrote:
I also am trying to get my levelers to work on a 2001 Damon Intruder 37' Triton V10 Intruder model 350 - the levelers worked fine until leaving the last park a month ago and upon arriving at destination the levelers will not extend ( not kick down levelers ).
5. I suppose what I am asking (for now) is do I have to have the slideouts retracted for the levelers to work on my model RV?

I remember trying to retract rooms with motor ON and they would not work - just wondering if there is some kind of safety.

Mike

I had to really mash down my parking brakes before mine would work.
bumpy

ANewTraveler
Explorer
Explorer

Mike

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml23934.pdf

Copy and paste this link It is the Manual for your system. At this point you need to follow the steps for your problem. Doug

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
azpete wrote:
no there is not a second pump. one pump operates the jacks and slides.
if you have the 210 system with the lights in the cover. check the springs under the cover. they are the elect contacts. make sure they are straight up. at 90 degrees from the cover. clean the contacts. download a service manual for your system from the hwh website. it will walk you thru the diagnostics.

Thanks I did check the springs I have taken the panel cover off trying to see if I could see anything. I am getting power when I turn it on. The indicator lights come on. The power board how can I check that? I know that I have to move the small joysticks first and that nothing will happen till I move the larger joystick. For some reason I am not getting power to start the pump. Now that I know that the pump is also used for the slideout and that the slideout works so it's not the pump. I have check the small joystick that when I move them that the valves(the pin)moves up and down and is not sticking.

azpete
Explorer
Explorer
no there is not a second pump. one pump operates the jacks and slides.
if you have the 210 system with the lights in the cover. check the springs under the cover. they are the elect contacts. make sure they are straight up. at 90 degrees from the cover. clean the contacts. download a service manual for your system from the hwh website. it will walk you thru the diagnostics.

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
My leveler is the 210 kick down too. I know there's a fuse next to the joy sticks on mine it's a 5 amp fuse. Is there one pump for both the slideout and the leveler or do they use another (second) pump to operate the leveler?

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
You don't say what model you have but mine is from that same era and is a 200 series kick down version. The fuse on mine is located right in the cover that Doug was referring to. I have replaced mine many times for the same reason. It is a glass fuse 3 amp that is removed from the cover with a half turn or a screw driver, to the lower right of the joy sticks.

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys do I have one pump for the slideout and another pump for the levelers? The manual shows a fuse between the pump and control panel do you know were I can find it on my rig?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Fluid level will NEVER cause a pump to not activate on any system. Your Joystick has a small wire harness that goes to the HWH pump. Remove the black knobs on the sticks and remove the black cover plate and you will see the 2 wire pump connection. Make sure it is secure and then roll the center lever 360 degrees to see if the pump activates. The 2 small levers at 12 and 6 are the retraction levers. The center is the extend control. Doug

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Check the fluid level. Make sure slides are in and jacks are up before filling. Here is the link to HWH. Look for the manusl for your jacks and controller, it will have troubleshooting instructions in it.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
on my HWH jacks on my 1999 chieftain the one hydraulic system operated both slides and jacks IIRC. are you sure you really mashed down on the brake pedal, that one one problem with mine.
bumpy