cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impression on new coach

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a new to us 2015 Monaco diplomat. Picked it up from Le Mesa RV in Sanford FL. on Tuesday afternoon and headed home the next day. So far here is what I think of it. (If you don’t care,stop here and move along)!

The handling compared to our 08 Itasca is night and day! No wiggle, no moving in the wind side to side. It’s flat in the corners with no body roll at all!

Love the 600hp. Came through the smokies today and it shifted out of 6th once and still didn’t lose any speed. Awesome!

Still trying to figure out switches etc. That’s going to take a while!

Like some of the features, but some seem odd. The old one had a bank of switches inside the entry door for leveling, and door locks and awning controls. On this coach they are spread all over. Like I said trying to get used to it after 10 years with the old one.

Few problems, some outlets don’t work. I have a dead gfci plug which is the cause I’m guessing. Also the bedroom A/C blows hot air. I’ll look into those when we get home.

Any Monaco people please pm me if you know about some of the systems. I have a couple of questions that I don’t need to trouble everyone with.

Have a good day everyone!
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins
10 REPLIES 10

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Dynasty! Sorry for the confusion folks.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, he needs to use the "edit feature" on the original post, then ask the moderator to delete all the other posts trying to figure out what coach he really has.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
2bzy2c wrote:
He said “ Bought a new to us 2015 Monaco diplomat.“

But his signature said Dynasty!

You are right. Totally confused now.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
2bzy2c wrote:

But his signature said Dynasty!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
Just remember you Diplomat or Dynasty, you list both in your post is actually a REV product so you would do much better asking for Fleetwood or American coach people to help.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

Gundog
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I got my coach home I had a dead GFCI outlet so I removed it and checked voltage feeding it someone had changed it out and reversed the incoming side to the wrong side. I swapped it so it was fed properly and it worked fine and all the downstream plugs worked. The plugs are clearly marked source and load they must be wired correctly.
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry Dynasty
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Awesome! Enjoy it.

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Dynasty or Diplomat???
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/