cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ironman Tires, pros and cons for 36' motorhome

Alpiners
Explorer
Explorer
We are in need of replacing our motorhome tires and have been making some calls. One dealer recommended Ironman and now we have 245/70R19.5G. We were told they put them on a lot of motorhomes and they are a 16 ply tire. He said at that size they are all truck tires. But we've heard that you don't want truck tires because they are a very hard ride. Has anyone bought these tires? Any good nput would be appreciated.
The Alpiners
Mountains of Colorado
1 REPLY 1

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
I run the same size tire but in Goodyear. I am running the truck version, G647, instead of the RV version, G670, mainly because of a blowout and the G647 was what the tire place had when they came and replaced it roadside. I replaced the other tires with the same as a result. The coach had RV tires on it when we bought it used, and I honestly can't tell any difference in the ride between them and the truck tires. The only real difference I've read about is reinforcement in the sidewalls for the truck tires due to anticipated curb-scuffing on delivery trucks. The RV tires are supposed to have a better UV-protectant compound to help reduce the effects of sunshine because RVs sit more than they travel.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------