cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is Roadside Assistance Needed?

mrnoyb
Explorer
Explorer
Coach-net provides towing and emergency services for Ford E-Series vehicles for the term of the original factory bumper to bumper warranty (5 years or 60,000 miles).

If my class C is already covered by Ford Motor Co Roadside Assistance, is it necessary to purchase additional ERS coverage?

Thank you.
10 REPLIES 10

mrnoyb
Explorer
Explorer
I've managed to never run out of fuel or lock myself out of any vehicle. I carry a spare and would only need a change in the case of a flat. If the chassis breaks down, the Ford plan will tow me to a Ford dealer that can affect the repairs.

I believe roadside assistance coverage is prudent but I don't feel I need more than one provider.

Mocoondo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Roadside Assistance is not necessary, right up until you have a breakdown.

jcsb
Explorer
Explorer
I did not call Ford for the tow, I have coach net and used them. Either way the nearest Ford per coach net did not handle motor homes and there were several Ford dealers in the city we were towed to. Coach Net arranged everything, but I did tell them it was a blown radiator on the original call. Coach net keeps your RV particulars in your file and will use that info to determine what to send as well as where to send to.
Jim Hunter

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
mrnoyb wrote:

* Towing and emergency services for E-Series and F-350 Series and larger medium/heavy trucks provided by Coach-Net Motor Club Inc., except in CA and MA where services are provided by Safe Driver Motor Club.

I was not aware that they switched to Coach-net. That is probably a change for the better, and appears to have expanded coverage to include towing for any reason.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

jcsb
Explorer
Explorer
Had a radiator go bad after 4,000 on the vehicle. Had to be towed about 100 miles each of 2 days. FIrst dealer would not look at it for a week. Second dealer, had us out the door within 26 hours from arrival. We have Coach Net and they told us nearest Ford dealer could not handle Motor Coaches which was only about 50 miles away. They arranged to tow us to the closest Ford Dealer who could, but did not as noted above then to the one who was super. Never saw a bill, I am sure my annual cost is still less than those 2 trips.
Jim Hunter

mrnoyb
Explorer
Explorer
Ford Motor Company provides a complimentary Roadside Assistance Program with services available from the warranty start date and lasts for 5 years or 60,000 miles whichever occurs first.

The services available are:

โ€ข Warranty Towing
โ€ข Non-warranty Towing
โ€ข Collision Towing
โ€ข Battery Jump-start
โ€ข Fuel Delivery
โ€ข Lock-out Assistance
โ€ข Flat Tire Change
โ€ข Winch Out

Roadside Assistance is honored throughout the 50 states, Puerto Rico,
Mexico and Canada, and is available 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Towing services are available to any qualified Ford or Lincoln dealer within 35 miles of the disablement location or to the nearest qualified Ford or Lincoln dealer. If a qualified Ford or Lincoln dealer is within 35 miles of the disablement location and the member requests a Ford or Lincoln dealer over the 35 miles, the member shall be responsible for any mileage costs in excess of the 35 miles.
Fuel Delivery Service is limited to two no charge occurrences within a 12 month period.

* Towing and emergency services for E-Series and F-350 Series and larger medium/heavy trucks provided by Coach-Net Motor Club Inc., except in CA and MA where services are provided by Safe Driver Motor Club.

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
How good are you at diagnosing and fixing thing, that is the real question. Both Good Sam and Coach Net offer on the phone technical support to help you get yourself out of little problems. Is that worth the annual fee? I guess it is to me. If the Ford coverage will tow your Class C series E you may not need the towing coverage...does it cover the RV or is it excluded since it was added to the original body...I really don't know.
Maybe I'm just wasteful, but my RV insurance includes roadside assistance, and I still have Good Sam, and if I'm traveling with the kids they have AAA RV since they have a boat. Overkill.
Happy Trails.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
I also have the same Ford 5 year roadside assistance. For my first year of ownership which just passed, I had Ford's coverage , plus coverage from Winnebago, also administered by Coach Net, as well as Good Sam ERS.
I just received my automatic renewal from Good Sam in the mail today, which I'll keep, since it also covers the other vehicles in the household, as well as boat trailer towing problems.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Ford includes towing to the nearest dealer during the warranty, but only for chassis-related problems.

Coach-net also tows to the nearest service center (Ford for chassis stuff, RV center for other problems) and will cover tows for non-chassis problems like stuck levelers, stuck slide-out etc.

I have AAA RV+ because I would generally prefer to be towed home, or if I'm on the road have the option of taking it to a repair shop of my choice within 100 miles.

I have worked with Coach-net as a vendor, and they will go out of their way to provide the necessary services. However their dispatching involves fax machines and phone calls, so it can take many hours to source the right equipment vs AAA who electronically dispatches the nearest capable truck usually before you get off the phone (at least in this region... I've read rumors that may not be the case in other regions).
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
What does the Ford Roadside Assistance plan cover?
Is it a Coach-Net plan?