cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this delamination? Or the roof coming off?

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
This RV is on Ebay, listed by a dealer about a 4 hr drive from me. It looks really good and is exactly what I would like to have..... EXCEPT

The bubbles in the EDGE OF THE ROOF on the driver's side concern me.

What type of roof material is this, and is it coming loose? And if so, am I right in thinking that is a potential leak source?

There are no signs of delamination on the sides, visible in the pictures.

Can't tell if the same issue is happening on the passenger side, it's covered up by the awning.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board
4 REPLIES 4

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks!
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2004 R-Vision Trail Lite 213. It has the same bubbles along the edge of the roof, they were there when we purchased it in April 2012 with 8400 miles and haven't changed at all. No leaks are evident anywhere on the inside of the coach. Still wouldn't be bad to have it checked out. BTW you might place your question as "Trail Lite roof bubbles" at the end of this thread as many owners of Trail Lite B+ motorhomes follow it.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
OOPS my mistake. I do know the difference, after having it explained to me here.

If I get serious about buying it, I would drive down and look at it myself. Stop and visit youngest grandbaby on the way. 😄

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I'll take a crack at it. Tge roof is rubber and those are bubbles. It doesn't mean it leaks but you won't know unless you look inside of the cabinets and ceiling. Seems like a good price but if you are serious then call a rv repair place near there and have them check it out. You will need to pay them and you will need permission from the seller. If seller refuses then you know bad things are afoot. Might as well have them check everything else as well. Good luck.BTW this thread will probably get moved to the class c section which this rig really is. Class B+ designation is only marketing, it is really a Class C with no overhead bunk.