cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's cold up there!

et2
Explorer
Explorer
We took our new Fleetwood Expedition DP out for a drive and too top off the gas tank for the winter this last weekend. It was about 58 degrees. I had the heat on full with the floor heat selected on the dash. Given we were on the freeway, but it never really comfortably warmed the feet area in the drivers seat. After getting off the freeway it got a little better. These things aren't easy to warm up other than turning on the main propane heaters running on the highway. There was heat coming out, just not enough to overcome the cold outside air in the frontal area.

I have a trip to Fleetwood for service in November. I bet that will be fun being it will probably be in the 30's.
5 REPLIES 5

Daveinet
Explorer
Explorer
Heaters front and rear, no problem staying nice and warm driving down the road in 5 degree weather. And yes we also camped in that weather. We used a lot of propane, but stayed warm.
IRV2

WILDEBILL
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:
We took our new Fleetwood Expedition DP out for a drive and too top off the gas tank for the winter this last weekend. It was about 58 degrees. I had the heat on full with the floor heat selected on the dash. Given we were on the freeway, but it never really comfortably warmed the feet area in the drivers seat. After getting off the freeway it got a little better. These things aren't easy to warm up other than turning on the main propane heaters running on the highway. There was heat coming out, just not enough to overcome the cold outside air in the frontal area.

I have a trip to Fleetwood for service in November. I bet that will be fun being it will probably be in the 30's.

Run your propane heater. No you don't need to run the genarater.
Bill

egh33
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I am lucky, this Winnebago we have has a back heater that really puts out the heat, however you have to have the front dash heater on to get heat out of the heater fan in the back.

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I have the slide out generator in the front. Soon after we bought this vehicle, I slid the generator out and insulated and taped every hole and gap I could find in the fire wall. It helped.
2014 American Eagle

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
Most friends I have with motorhomes run the main propane furnace to stay warm when driving in cold weather. One turns on the generator and then runs the heat pump option he had in the AC system. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3