cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco Precept 35s electricalissue

Land-yacht
Explorer
Explorer
Recently purchased 2016 Jayco Precept 35s , we have it in a site where I work for a home away from home. was having an alarm of low voltage from 1st day I brought it home. cleaned it all up in driveway and when I went to start it after week the engine battery was dead , used boost and it started right up with coach batteries. Installed a new battery , ran fine . left in camp ground and same thing with new battery after a week of sitting ? Also inverter is showing E05 code ? everything electrical seems to be working fine? Any thoughts ?
Land-Yacht
5 REPLIES 5

Land-yacht
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys , some good info , I will look into all these things when I go back in a week or so . Hopefully something simple .
Land-Yacht

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
E05 on your Dimensions by Magnum means that there is less than 11.0 volts while inverting which means the Inverter will not Invert to 120 for your Inverter controlled appliances.
You should have a FORD chassis. The Headlight switch may have the roller that increases and decreases the instrument cluster backlighting. IF the roller wheel is rolled to MAX brightness and then you feel a "click" when rolling up, you have engaged the interior dome light indent. Motorhomes do not connect the dome light wiring to the dash switch. They may connect to a light outside by the radiator, but rarely. On Ford Chassis, if the roller wheel is in that indent for a dome light, Ford's use a relay to power the non installed light. That relay uses 12 volt chassis power to engage. THAT will draw a Chassis battery down in a week or 2. Make sure that roller wheel is not in the clicked indent. Doug

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are you leaving your bay lights on when you leave the coach? Ppl often forget those because they are not apparent.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The next time you shut down the coach, like you normally do, just use a multimeter in between the chassis/engine battery ground cable and the negative terminal on the battery. Set the meter to the 10 amp setting and it should show your current draw when you shut the engine down. Normal(?) should be around a 1/10 amp or less. Anything over that may be draining your battery. While someone is watching the meter, start pulling 12 volt fuses until you can isolate the circuit that is drawing too much current and draining your battery. It may be something as simple as a light that is not going off when the unit is parked.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Hi Land-Yacht welcome to the forum. I'm assuming the low voltage alarm is for the coach batteries. Is the coach plugged in to shore power? has that problem come back, or are you now only having problems with the starter battery draining?

You stated everything electrical seems to be working fine. Are you referring to the charger and such, or are you referring to things like the interior lights and fans? If the charger or inverter, what component did you test and how was it tested and what were the readings if any?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup