cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaking Windows Roadtrek Versatile

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
My rear side windows on both sides appear to be leaking. Does anyone know how to stop the leak, and what to use. Also are there any methods that could be used to remove the water stains from the fabric.
6 REPLIES 6

joihan777
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck, I found water stains at the bottom of an interior wall, directly underneath a CR Lawrence window. Mine may be leaking as well. We have a 2008 Roadtrek 190 Versatile. Any chance you could post those window repair notes?

Metaphor_7182
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, dry is good.

Chuck_Sorensen
Explorer
Explorer
Hi -

My leaks were due to the top glass not being bonded to the window frames. Entire front vertical section and around to half way back on the top. Continuous open space; I could push on the glass and see outside through the crack. Both rear windows. I needed to remove the one piece inside rubber "seals" around the windows to see the frame to glass interface.

Smaller leaks and I would have given RTV a try.

Best of luck to you; dry is good.

Chuck Sorensen
Buellton, California
2012 PW Excel TS

Metaphor_7182
Explorer
Explorer
@CS, you posted "I successfully bonded / sealed the window glass to the frame". The portside on my RT has a top seam seal between the window frame and the exterior wall by a former owner. Was your leak on the top or bottom window glass? I am now reconsidering their repair.

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information. I will look up that material and arrange to get some and try your solution. It is the only solution I received so far. It will be worth the effort to try it.

Chuck_Sorensen
Explorer
Explorer
Failed C. R. Laurence Windows

This was our experience: After camping at a local beach, I placed a water sprinkler on the roof of our Excel to help wash off the seagull memories. I noticed that the water rolling down the sides of our van came inside to run down the inside top glass of the C. R. Laurence windows. Both of the upper glass front half sections were not bonded to the window frame.

I communicated with Neil Revoy at Pleasure Way, who promptly asked me to take the Excel to a window repair shop or RV repair shop and have them call him for instruction. I knew which repair shop I would use! Last year while collecting Class B information, I had a long chat with Rory, the service manager of the Mullahey RV Service Center in Arroyo Grande, California. Rory left me with the feeling that I almost hoped that something major would go wrong with our 25 year
old 5th wheel trailer so that he could work on it; he was that solid. That part of the story is told in "Our Quest for a Pleasure Way", previously posted.

Neil sent Rory pictures and instructions for sealing the leaks. Over 6 weeks, I checked with Rory; he worried about being able to properly fix the leaks. Then Neil sent me the pictures and instructions that he had previously sent Rory; in case I needed to find another fixer. I looked them over and decided, " I can do that"; and also, the rains were coming.

With Neil's encouragement and help I successfully bonded / sealed the window glass to the frame; using water hose spray to test. I used 3M window bonding urethane and its related primer, from Amazon.com.

Chuck Sorensen
Buellton, California
2012 Excel TS