cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lifeline GPL-30HT 12 Volt 150Ah Battery

Mr__Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of purchasing 4 Lifeline GPL-30HT 12 Volt 150Ah Batteries, I am finding that my current (4) 75 AMP Hour battery's are not meeting our needs. Has anyone used the Lifeline brand, how many AMP hours do most people look for if they like dry camping? Any help appreciated. Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
jsmart wrote:
Can you also recharge your battery bank after boondocking by hooking to shore power? I always keep the MH plugged in to a 30 amp at the house when not on the road.

Yes, it will certainly keep the house bank charged.

Depending on coach and how it is wired, it may or may not keep the chassis battery charged as well.

If is doesn't charge the chassis battery, there are several reasonably inexpensive devices to do that as well.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

jsmart
Explorer
Explorer
Can you also recharge your battery bank after boondocking by hooking to shore power? I always keep the MH plugged in to a 30 amp at the house when not on the road.
2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V

MrWizard
Mr Steve wrote:

Really trying to understand, what requirements would I need to go with say 150 to 200 AH? My inverter charger is a Xantrex freedom 458, charges at 50AMPS DC. My generator is a Onan 5500 charging at 48AMPS. Is therea another area I need to look at?

your Xantrex 458 does all the charging 50amps at 14vdc
the 48 amps at 120vac from the Onan is powering the Xantrex
the Onan does not directly charge the batteries

its really about how much 'daily' power use you need and how much 'recharge time' you run the Onan

if you use xx amphours per day, then you need to return xx amphrs to the batteries per day when running the Onan

the exception is 'example' use 100 ah return 70 ah for three days in a row
a 90 ah deficit
then go home plug in and allow batteries to bevome fully charged before next trip

example only and the deficit needs to be less than 50% of the battery bank

depending on your amp hrs per day use
your run time might be 2 hrs or it could be 4 hrs

most people who find the battery bank dying, are under charging , they do not allow enough genset run time and do not 'fully recharge' after the trip
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Mr Steve wrote:
smkettner wrote:
Lifeline is top shelf. Time to review your charging system is up to par.

Really trying to understand, what requirements would I need to go with say 150 to 200 AH? My inverter charger is a Xantrex freedom 458, charges at 50AMPS DC. My generator is a Onan 5500 charging at 48AMPS. Is therea another area I need to look at?

Not sure I understand.

Yes, your inverter/charger can charge at up to 50 amps-- likely at just over 14 VDC.

But, the generator's 120 VAC output, just like shorepower charges the batteries through the inverter/charger, not directly.

Said another way, the inverter/charger does exactly the same thing when it receives 120 VAC input from either shore power or generator. It doesn't know the difference.
Brett Wolfe

Mr__Steve
Explorer
Explorer
pkunk wrote:
That's a lot of $$ for the AH. Lifeline are good batts, but if you feel the need for AGMs, look at Universal batteries. Slightly less AH per battery but I have no complaints to their quality

Quite a differance, now I am considering (per my local RV guy) looking at converting to 6 volt due to size and the fact that my wife and I enjoy dry camping.

Mr__Steve
Explorer
Explorer
smkettner wrote:

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
That's a lot of $$ for the AH. Lifeline are good batts, but if you feel the need for AGMs, look at Universal batteries. Slightly less AH per battery but I have no complaints to their quality
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Without knowing your electrical needs, charging system and ability to carry the weight and size of battery bank, I am not sure we can really give you an answer.

I can tell you I have used Lifeline batteries in my boats and RV's for the last 15 years.
Brett Wolfe