cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert and Powergear the same company now?

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe I'm behind the times....but trying to google powergearus.com all I now get is Lippert/Powergear.

When did this happen? And...when trying to access information...I get page 404 cannot load....or something like that.

When did this happen?
6 REPLIES 6

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Boxer Lovers wrote:
Does Lippert support Power Gear products or are we s.o.l.?

LCI supports all products under their umbrella. The problem is, the knowledgable support people usually did not have their old jobs at LCI. So, you have to put up with LCI's lack of knowledge on the products they purchased. Doug

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
Does Lippert support Power Gear products or are we s.o.l.?
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, all..............

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
3 or 4 years ago. Lippert basically owns everything. The bad news---NONE of the smart Tech people went to Lippert. So, tech support for the companies they purchased is horrible. For instance, they purchased the Jack/stabilizer division of Atwood. Nobody at LCI has any idea how the Atwood systems work. They read the exact same manual I have access too when you call them. Doug

They also own Kwikee as Powergear had purchased it a few years before being bought out by LCI.

Not the same anywhere anymore. Quality from LCI may be okay but customer service does not exist.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Lippert Components acquired Power Gear/Kwikee in 2014. Lippert Components in turn was owned by Drew Industries until they officially changed their name to LCI Industries last year. As Doug said, LCI owns, perhaps not quite "everything", but certainly a huge chunk of the RV components business.

LCI history
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
3 or 4 years ago. Lippert basically owns everything. The bad news---NONE of the smart Tech people went to Lippert. So, tech support for the companies they purchased is horrible. For instance, they purchased the Jack/stabilizer division of Atwood. Nobody at LCI has any idea how the Atwood systems work. They read the exact same manual I have access too when you call them. Doug