cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking at 06 Gulfstream Independence

pump-dump-go
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a 06 Gulfsteam Independence, anyone have any info to share?

Chevy motor, 37,000 mile, nice looking rig, no leaks, no delam, all stuff works as it should. NADA list 37k to 42k. Got price down to 32,500.

What ya think?? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

pump-dump-go
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it is chevy workhorse, thanks for info on tranny, i'll check to see.
Tires are 2 years old, but rear are 5 years old, but should be good for another 2 years.
Model is M-8292 with chevy workhorse, 2 slides.

Still negotiating price

sd1209
Explorer
Explorer
Owned one for 5 yrs (8295 30' with 3 slides) and was thoroughly pleased with it....It had the Ford chassis..

GS has a bad rep, some deserved and some not....The coach portion of mine was good, just keep in mind it is entry level and the materials reflect that....

I put about 25K miles on it and nothing negative to report other than what might be expected......
Steve and Liz
Elko, Nv and San Diego, Ca
2017 Lance 1172
2016 F350 dually
2010 Jeep Wrangler

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those are good coaches. Be sure to check out everything and have it inspected if you are not very mechanically skilled.... Remember, you are not just checking out a vehicle but also (somewhat) a house at the same time.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
That sounds like a Workhorse chassis with the 6 speed Allison Trans. It will have a grade brake that will downshift with a tap of the brake pedal for engine braking. It also has 2 overdrive positions. Great setup.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

103holland
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 05 Independence with 8295 floor plan, just replaced tires with a set of Coopers at 1800 bucks. Mine is on a F53 Ford chassis with V10, 21000 miles, triple slide out.

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
What are the date codes on the tires?
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
We like our 05 Gulfstream.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.