cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Fleetwood 40G. 2009-2011

tgreening
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a Fleetwood 40G to replace the toy hauler we have now. I don't want to buy "too" new because I don't envision it being our last, and the wife has it in her mind to do one of those whole house interior makeovers she's been obsessing over lately. And I don't imagine it will be too many more years and the kids would rather spend time with their friends than ride along with boring ol' mom and dad.

I've been watching RV trader but so far haven been having much luck, mostly with sellers. Make contact, ask a few questions, and then crickets.... Haven't even made it as far as money talk! Some just plain don't bother to respond.

Anyway, any sources other than RV trader (and god forbid CW) people have had success with?
2008 Ford F-450 "Lil Beasty"
2011 Heartland 3950 "Big Beasty"
1970 DW Made in Japan "Big Bossy"
2005 DD Made in Ohio "Big Pain"
2007 DD Made in Ohio "Lil Pain"
2004 GR Bahzu the dog "Big Sissy"
2010 Weim Mobo the dog "Fast Spaz"
3 REPLIES 3

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
I went here and typed "fleetwood 40G" in the search box. I got 10 pages of results. I clicked on a few that are in your age range and they were expired.

We were also looking for a specific make model and year range and it took about 6 months of craigs list crawling. In the end we just luycked out. Keep trying.

I'm inspecting an '08 40X next week. They seem to be in demand.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
have you tried google? sometimes you get lucky.

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
We really like that model, too! Almost bought one on two different occasions, as a trade up from what we have now (see signature). In one case, we couldn't agree on a price; The other one, the unit (40G) was just too old, worn for our liking. I still look occasionally, but for most part have decided to stick with what we have.

We found that this particular model/floorplan is pretty popular and in high demand, especially good quality used units. There's not many on RV trader, and when they do go on there, they don't last long. Dealer told me that when he gets those units in on trade, he usually has them sold before they even hit the sales floor or got advertised anywhere.

That being the case, I would suggest contacting a few dealers, let them know what you are looking for, see if they will contact you if they come into one of these 40G units. That may give you a better chance of finding one. That is how we found one that we almost bought.

Also, will tell you from the research we did on these, that the year models you are talking about, (up through 2011) we specifically avoided. We didn't want anything from Fleetwood made before 2012 for various reasons. For this particular unit, one reason was that before I believe it was 2012, they used a different engine that seemed very underpowered for this size coach. Other reason was that anything older than 2012, you get into units that were built during the time Fleetwood was in the middle of some major re-organization, and they built their fair share of 'lemons' during that time period. If at all possible, I'd try to get into a 2012 or newer unit if you can.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")