cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for measurement on Southwind

moreroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 04 Southwind 32v up in northern AZ. Before next weekend I hope to buy a new articulating arm to mount a Flat Screen TV on.

If anyone has one or one that was close to it...I need the dimensions from inside the overhead storage above the recliner chair window (next to door). The Arm I am looking at expands out to 18-20 inches and I need to make sure it will reach past the outside of the open doors to use it. So if someone would open the cabinet and measure from the back of the cupboard to past the edge of the open door...I could get on with my project before we go up there.

Will save me bigtime and I appreciate it.

Thanks.
The Charters Family
Me my Wife and now one kid (unless he brings a friend) and 2 dogs,
2004 Southwind 32VS
2009 Jeep Wrangler (TOAD)
MorePro Marketing Inc
3 REPLIES 3

wilanddij
Explorer
Explorer
On a 2004 32vs, the cabinet doors swing up and when open they extend 27 5/8" from the back wall.
Will & Di
2004 Southwind 32VS
Workhorse/8.1
Ford C-Max/Blue Ox
"We have met the enemy, and he is us" Pogo

moreroad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Loren as I did not think about how they lift up not out. In my mind's eye I saw them swinging out flush. Mine has no middle shelf so that is not a problem. Hmmmm so now I have to engineer them to open differently. Hey thanks a ton for getting me on track.

I plan on posting the story as I go through it.
The Charters Family
Me my Wife and now one kid (unless he brings a friend) and 2 dogs,
2004 Southwind 32VS
2009 Jeep Wrangler (TOAD)
MorePro Marketing Inc

Loren_Ross
Explorer
Explorer
If I understand your request correctly, I measured mine (2007 32VS) from the back of the cabinet wall to the outside edge of the opened door. It measures 32 inches. My door opens by lifting it up. I don't think your idea will work...

My cabinet also has a shelf in the middle. The top opening is 6.5 inches and the bottom opening is only 4.5 inches. No room for an articulating arm in either one as far as I can see.

If you need any more, let me know.
Loren