cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Slide

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
OK, this is for a friend and neighbor who have a 2008 Damon Outlaw on a WH W24 chassis with a LIPPERT slide mechanism. They have the slide out, but it won't come in. The little plug-in controller in the basement clicks, so it's getting power to that point. They've made some calls and have been advised that it's most likely a micro limit switch, but so far it can't be located and doesn't seem to be where it's shown on a diagram.
Just wondering if anyone might have had a similar problem and can offer a possible solution.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)
8 REPLIES 8

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:
OP here. Well, it's working, but not sure why.
We applied external power direct to the motor and it worked. Reconnected and established that there was no power on the controller's output, but voltage stayed constant with no drop-off, so bad controller?????
Jumped power to motor leads at controller connector with controller removed. Nothing for a bit and then begins to work on it's own while we're sitting there in thought. Reconnected connector to controller and all is well or at least for now.
All the other checks and cross checks are too numerous and confusing to list here, but these are the basics and not much of it makes any sense, unless we have two intermittent problems going on at once, which is rare, but wouldn't be my first time with that sort of thing.

Update:
Finally fixed for good, as the problem did continue intermittently.
Story short and the reason for the voltage disappearing under load was because of a faulty relay in the supply circuit that's controlled by the ignition, so for now, this normally closed relay is a permanently closed relay and really don't see much need for it anyway. Still the owners will be getting a new one for keeping this unit safer and free of human error.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for posting the results. Could be helpful to many in here.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
I would suspect the motor may be the problem. Hung brush, dirty commutator, bad electrical connection to the motor, or inside. If it is the motor, and I could not fix it myself, I would take it to a electrical motor rebuilder and explain what it is, how it was acting, and if they could repair it. I'm sure it would be cheaper that one from the manufacture.
Wildmanbaker

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
OP here. Well, it's working, but not sure why.
We applied external power direct to the motor and it worked. Reconnected and established that there was no power on the controller's output, but voltage stayed constant with no drop-off, so bad controller?????
Jumped power to motor leads at controller connector with controller removed. Nothing for a bit and then begins to work on it's own while we're sitting there in thought. Reconnected connector to controller and all is well or at least for now.
All the other checks and cross checks are too numerous and confusing to list here, but these are the basics and not much of it makes any sense, unless we have two intermittent problems going on at once, which is rare, but wouldn't be my first time with that sort of thing.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback.
I've passed this on and will post the results when I get them.
There is only one slide, so no swapping of controllers and have posted on the Damon forums as well, with one good suggestion so far.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
It may be getting power but not enough. If the house battery(ies) is weak the converter system may not be producing enough power to pull the slide in even if plugged into shore power. I've had it happen to me. Check the battery voltage and see what you are getting.

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
Swap slide controllers and see what you get.

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest you ask that question on the Damon forum http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)