cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Majestic 19G - Weigh in

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Was on my way camping the other day and came upon a free scale so decided to weigh the rig. Waste tanks empty, water tank almost full, fridge full, a medium selection of clothes and camper gear. Two bikes on the rear rack & my son and I in the vehicle.

The heaviest added thing on the RV was my electric bike on the back bike rack and that thing weighs a lot.

Front - 1570 kg or 3462 lb
Rear - 2670 kg or 5887 lb

Both - 4240 kg or 9348 lb

-----------------------------

Door sticker from Rv manufacturer says max should be:

Front - 1837 kg or 4050 lb
Rear - 2760 kg or 6084 lb

Wish I had the weights from my truck camper when I had it.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks
8 REPLIES 8

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd guess that this 19G handles pretty well on the road. That's based on percentages.

Ford's percentage for Front Axle to Total Weight is 32 pct and these number show 37 pct.

Others feel strongly that the Front Axle should be at least 75 pct of rated capacity and this one shows 86 pct.

That's why I feel it should steer and track pretty well even with the short wheelbase of 138 inches.

But... What I don't like seeing is 97 pct of Rear Axle Capacity. This is common on Class C's. Rear Capacity nearly all gone but a decent amount left in Front.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
soccrman wrote:
Mike,
Not trying to hijack the thread but what do you think of the 19G? Did you buy in Calgary?

PM if you have the time, will be much appreciated

Cheers,

Dave R

No Problem, will PM in a few minutes.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

soccrman
Explorer
Explorer
Mike,
Not trying to hijack the thread but what do you think of the 19G? Did you buy in Calgary?

PM if you have the time, will be much appreciated

Cheers,

Dave R
FINALLY - bought a 2004 Fleetwood Tioga - magic - looking fwd to more adventures in a C
2005 F350 diesel - glutton for punishment!!:D - ALSO STOLEN
2004 F350 diesel SRW STOLEN
2004 Jayco Jay Flight 26.5 BHS - SOLD

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
Seems the state truck scale near my house is always closed. that being said, the digital readout always seems to be on, so I drove the MH over it the other day. Both axles partially loaded, 11900 lbs total. Max is 14500 so I should be good. Weighed the trailer, 1160 lbs, max 3000lbs. good their too. turns out my E350 van ended up at 7950.
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Snowman9000 wrote:
How big is the gas tank and how full was it?

Not sure of the size but would have been full. What I pulled off the net says 35 gallon.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
How big is the gas tank and how full was it?
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
DrewE wrote:
I assume these are in kg, so that's about 3470 lbs front, 5900 lbs rear, and 9370 lbs combined, right? If so, it doesn't sound out of line to me.

Updated it, must have been kgs or the RV weighs close to what I weigh :B :B
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I assume these are in kg, so that's about 3470 lbs front, 5900 lbs rear, and 9370 lbs combined, right? If so, it doesn't sound out of line to me.