cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Slide operation and maintenance

Gone_fishing1
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchase a 2006 Gulfstream Conquest Limited Edition 25'.

There were no maintenance manuals available and I can not find any information about the unit.

Have two questions:

1. If the slide-out is extended and the motor fails to work is there a way to manually close the slide?

2. Are there maintenance and lubrication requirements for the slide out?

Thanks,

Bob
2016 Itasca Sunstar toad 2006 Dakota.
3 REPLIES 3

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
hwybnb wrote:
I am not familiar with your unit but can relate my own experience with slide-outs on my National MH equipped with electric slides.

The main slide has exposed rails with a mechanism that can be operated with a ratchet wrench in an emergency but I have never had to do that. I am told that it is a lomg and tedious process. The rails require periodic lubrication. RV supply stores sell a spray lubricant for that.

The bedroom slide has concealed rails that I can see no way to lube. It failed twice when a shear pin in the drive broke. With help I was able to manually push it back in but with no gear there was nothing except its own weight and friction to keep it from sliding back out. I was able to drive it home, carefully and with and eye on the mirror to be sure it did not come out. I now carry spare shear pins.

I found the rails for the rear slide to be accessible from inside the coach, under the bed.

hwybnb
Explorer
Explorer
I am not familiar with your unit but can relate my own experience with slide-outs on my National MH equipped with electric slides.

The main slide has exposed rails with a mechanism that can be operated with a ratchet wrench in an emergency but I have never had to do that. I am told that it is a lomg and tedious process. The rails require periodic lubrication. RV supply stores sell a spray lubricant for that.

The bedroom slide has concealed rails that I can see no way to lube. It failed twice when a shear pin in the drive broke. With help I was able to manually push it back in but with no gear there was nothing except its own weight and friction to keep it from sliding back out. I was able to drive it home, carefully and with and eye on the mirror to be sure it did not come out. I now carry spare shear pins.

See if you can find a label that identifies the slide manufacturer and contact them for assistance.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
The slides work on a large screw type system. Very similar to a automatic garage door. On my bedroom slide there is a hole drilled in the platform that you can insert a socket and turn the

screw by hand. My bedroom slide would only extend in short increments then stop. I removed the mattress, removed a few screws holding the plywood down on top of the platform and once

that was off the entire system was exposed. I cleaned the slide rails off and applied a good quality spray lube to them, also some to the main screw. It now works without hesitating.

Now the dinette slide required me to clean the rails from the outside once it was extended. A small amount of lubrication and it slides nicely. I avoid heavy grease as it attracts and holds dirt.

As far as cranking in the front slide in case of a failure I need to research that myself. My guess is it would be done from underneath. Going to check that out.