cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Still looking-but question?

xxjanaleexx
Explorer
Explorer
I am deciding on an older small class c right now,but because of my chronic severe back problems I will need something comfortable to sit on evenings for tv and plain relaxation. I would like to remove the standard bolted down swivel chair and replace with something moveable and more comfy...it's a small 24' unit..chair won't be used for riding in!!..any suggestions? How do you remove them but leave it useable for replacement for resale? Won't be traveling except to local parks..15 mi..so I can secure it for those short trips. Janalee
Driver,"Jan"..
Social director "Mittzi the cat"
Present rig 1995 Sunline Solaris 1950
and many others over the past 35 years
16 REPLIES 16

xxjanaleexx
Explorer
Explorer
Got a call this am...he sold it......
Driver,"Jan"..

Travelcrafter
Explorer
Explorer
sorry its been a while xxanaleexx. the air chair recliner is just a fancy beach/out door type chair that is well made and very comfortable. The seat portion is laced to the frame so there's no frame contact with the seat at all. I have a 78 Travelcrafter that I don't want to alter as it is in extremely good condition and the chair fits in the space between the drive and passenger seat.I got mine at Dunhams.Good luck on you M.H. purchase.

xxjanaleexx
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks toedtoes! I really have appreciated all the input!
Driver,"Jan"..

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good luck!
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

xxjanaleexx
Explorer
Explorer
Well..this Sunday we will test drive and check over the '89 Jamboree. A newer,slightly bigger one has recently become available at a dealer..but..I think I will be quite happy with the smaller,older unit which I have discussed at length with the owner and have committed to buying if all checks out well. We are each driving about an hour to meet halfway,which I appreciated given my health/pain limitations..there's no way I could make a 5 hour roundtrip drive. I am really looking forward to a winter redecorating project! The PO has painted all the wood areas white,which I would like to do if I were able, so the biggest part of decorating it has begun! Now begins my worry..hoping it is mechanically sound..Will let you guys know when I know!! Check back on Monday..lol! Janalee
Driver,"Jan"..

ronfisherman
DougE wrote:
Try looking as these RV Wall Hugger Recliners to see if one would work for you.

WE have 2 of the Lambright recliners. Could not be happier with them. Got rid of a barrel chair and 64" couch. We spend up to 6 months in our MH each year.
Here is another supplier of Lambright Chairs. Bradd & Hall.
We purchased ours at the Lambright factory.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
xxjanaleexx wrote:
Ron..love your chair! Hadn't thought about the idea of fastening another seat to the pedestal..thanks so much!
If you order a 3rd seat from a supplier like I did HERE, be sure to request the threaded mounting posts the same distance apart as the seat you removed which I think will measure 8" on center, not the standard 11" on center like the seats up front. If buying a used seat with different centers, you will need to fabricate an adapter plate, a simple project for a handyman.

xxjanaleexx
Explorer
Explorer
Ron..love your chair! Hadn't thought about the idea of fastening another seat to the pedestal..thanks so much!
Driver,"Jan"..

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
We ordered our new Phoenix Cruiser 2350 back in 2007 which came with a 3rd seat that was very uncomfortable. It was called a barrel chair. It had a low back and very skinny armrests. It did not recline but was mounted on a pedestal that swiveled and moved forward/backward.

I replaced that terrible seat with a 3rd matching captain seat, one identical to the two front seats as seen here. It is very easy on the back and is very comfortable. It has a manual lumbar support knob for adjustment, nice for back troubles.

The seats were easily interchangeable, done in less than 15 minutes, re-using the pedestal base portion. The seat belt is mounted to the pedestal so there was no messing around with it. With the seat belt and being bolted to the floor, that 3rd seat is safe for a 3rd passenger.

I would rather have ours over the current day free-standing Euro chair shown below that requires clamping to the floor when moving the motor home. But people "Love" their reclining Euro chair, so each to his own.

xxjanaleexx
Explorer
Explorer
Travelcrafter..not sure what you are describing..bear in mind my moho will be a very small one..and not a widebody like newer ones. Maybe you have a picture or link?
Driver,"Jan"..

Travelcrafter
Explorer
Explorer
XXjannaleexx I'm in the same boat as you as far as a bad back and have been thinking of just putting my air chair recliner in my coach. It folds nearly flat and it works easily and more importantly comfortably. It also locks in position.

xxjanaleexx
Explorer
Explorer
Yes..I see your point Dusty--flying objects..I am thinking about an office type chair..wheels and maybe will lean back a bit. They r made for comfort too!
Driver,"Jan"..

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
I would still anchor the new chair down so it can't move especially if you should stop quick.

Dusty

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Try looking as these RV Wall Hugger Recliners to see if one would work for you.
Currently Between RVs