cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EZ Pass on Class C

chefdc1
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have an EZ Pass on their Class C? Does it work? Where is it mounted? We live in RI and have it on both of our cars...saves a ton of money on the Newport Bridge alone, and saved time and hassle on many trips before the motorhome. Just want to make sure it'll work on the Class C before I get another one.
Dave, Janeen, Lane, Mady and Brooke
Coventry, RI
29 REPLIES 29

tiderider
Explorer
Explorer
Have a class C Chevy chassis. mount ours @ bottom of w/ shield center just above wiper (resting) position.

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought my first "fish eye" (as they are sometimes called) and placed it in the upper pane of my rear door. Liked it so well, but could not see my low to the ground trailer very well, so bought another one and put it in the lower glass pane of my rear door. I have a rear view mirror, so if I want to check on something closer to the rear of the motorhome, I merely re-adjust the mirror.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

DaCrema
Explorer
Explorer
chefdc1 wrote:
Cool, thanks. I have great line of sight, but can only see far behind. I think I'll ask Santa for a lens!

This might sound crazy but I found that the rear view mirror worked a lot better when I turned it upside down. That is so the day/night toggle was on top. I did it at first to give me more front window real estate as like you say as it was I only saw things many car lengths behind. A side bennie was I can now see the roof of most cars tailgating me. I still can't see MINIs and convertibles with the roof down but it was a surprising improvement. It may not work for you but it costs nothing to try.
John

chefdc1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. We're getting the bigger one. Weather is supposed to be nice, so we're going for a little ride tomorrow. Have a great weekend and a very Merry Christmas!
Coventry, RI

jillhop
Explorer
Explorer
Get the big one!
Dog shows, racing and lure coursing with whippets!
My first RV, 1998 Coachmen 22RK, Ford E350 V10 Triton

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
not only do they see behind, they also see down a bit. years back I saw a TC that had a small window low on the door in the middle of the back that included one, a great idea.
bumpy

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
I use the plastic thingy, it is an optical fresnel lens and they do work, I keep an eye out for my toad and traffic.

navegator

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Assuming you can see an 11" x 14" piece of your back window, I'd recommend the bigger lens. If you can't see that much of the window, the smaller one may be better. At 25 feet or so between your mirror and the back window, neither one is going to compete with an IMAX theater sort of view.

ronfisherman
chefdc1 wrote:
Should I get 11" x 14" or 8" x 10" lense. I have a 30' Class C (1997 Damon Hornet) with a big window in the back...clean line of sight through rier view. Suggestions?

Get larger one. Mine is 30' from rear view mirror.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
chefdc1 wrote:
Should I get 11" x 14" or 8" x 10" lense. I have a 30' Class C (1997 Damon Hornet) with a big window in the back...clean line of sight through rier view. Suggestions?

the bigger the better IMHO.
bumpy

chefdc1
Explorer
Explorer
Coventry, RI

jillhop
Explorer
Explorer
I have one of those stick on lenses on my rear window, and I find it very helpful. I can see shorter vehicles (passenger cars) that are following me closely that are not visible without the lens. It does take some getting used to, as "objects are closer than they appear."
Dog shows, racing and lure coursing with whippets!
My first RV, 1998 Coachmen 22RK, Ford E350 V10 Triton

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
yep, those freznel lenses are great. used them on my first two MHs that had a rear window. third one didn't have a window on the back.
bumpy

chefdc1
Explorer
Explorer
Cool, thanks. I have great line of sight, but can only see far behind. I think I'll ask Santa for a lens!
Coventry, RI