cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

michelin tires

Crazy_Canuk
Explorer
Explorer
I can't find any Michelin XZA2 around here, so my tire sale guy said that I would do fine with the XZE2+. My tires are 275/70/22.5 on a 34 foot Newmar. It is a regional tire but I thing they could do well on the rear of the RV. What do you thing about it?

See you on the road

crazy canuk
7 REPLIES 7

Crazy_Canuk
Explorer
Explorer
So went ahead and put the XZE2+ tires on. Just curious how much would they cost in the States? I paid $580 plus change for them.

See you on the road

Crazy Canuk

Altern
Explorer
Explorer

Altern
Explorer
Explorer
Michelin XZ2A's are rated J - which is a stiffer sidewall than you probably need with only a 34' coach and will result in a harsher ride.
Normally, even up to 40'ers you mostly see H rated sidewalls, not J's.
If it were me I wouldn't put those truck tires on mine.
As they say -- YMMV
Good luck

KazooTom
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar problem finding XRV's for mine. Dealer said that they were on a 6 week back order. I was fortunate to find a dealer that was willing to search for them for me. Found 6 that were dated 1513 and 1613, so acceptably fresh for me. Great service from our dealer who went above and beyond finding tires for us. If any of you are in the area it was Meekof Tire in Mattawan, Michigan.
Tom & Barb
'07 Winnebago Voyage 35L
Workhorse W22 Chassis

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought 4 XZA2's, same size. Several dealers said they were scarce. One dealer said he would have some on "delivery day" and to call him an hour after the truck arrived. I did he told me they arrived but he already sold them. One of the hazards or going through the FMCA / Michelin RV tire program. Guess a dealer makes more if he sell's them vice Michelin. Finally found a dealer with multiple location's and he had some sent in from across the state.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

mlbdp
Explorer
Explorer
Crazy Canuk
The only deference in the two is thread depth and a stronger side wall. Looked at them last week at tire dealer when I ordered the XZA2's.
2006 Beaver Monterey 38
Roadmaster, 400 Cat C9
2009 Saturn Vue
GS, FMCA 305555, SKP 104572
USN RETIRED

drcarr57
Explorer
Explorer
Can he order the xza2?
RetiredRLM