cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror covers....where are the big ones?

Teeshot1939
Explorer
Explorer
Need help finding covers for outside mirrors on 2011 Itasca Ellipse/Winnebago Tour 42QD. Everything I see online appears to be too small. Mirrors are 22"H x 11"W x 8" deep. Will to buy custom if I can find a shop that would do it. Ideally would cover the mirror arms also. Any suggestions to help protect mirrors from sun damage? Thanks....
9 REPLIES 9

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Another reason to cover them is that in some places birds will be attracted to them for whatever reason and then poop on your mirror arms.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mirror covers will also help with sun damage on dark colors. Ours are black and were never covered and are now oxidized. Will take some work to make them look nice. We bought used, so this started before us.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Teeshot......I don't think your mirrors are any larger than my Ramco double mirrors on my Dutch Star. I bought the Adco mirror covers and they fit fine. They're suppose to be a snug fit.

I cover my mirrors to keep the critters out of the motor area when in storage. I also slide the slit foam insulation over the wipers to protect them, along with wheel covers. I figure ten minutes to install the above is well worth it to protect the items from the suns damage.

If that doesn't work, sneek into your wife's closet and steal the covers that come with her Coach purses. 😉
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cloth backed vinyl material is available at most places that sell material for personal sewing projects, upholstery shops, automotive/marine interior shops, eBay.

Teeshot1939
Explorer
Explorer
I want to cover the mirrors to protect the chrome finish from sun damage and to keep the weather elements off the built-in cameras. An ounce of prevention.....
I don't own a sewing machine and wouldn't know how to use one if I did. Where can I buy vinyl material? Thanks....

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have access to a sewing machine, they are very easy to make. Just buy some vinyl material, cut to size and sew.
If you supply the materials, I would guess that anyone or any place with a sewing machine could make them. I made ours basically large enough to cover the mirrors and just sewed two sides so that they would lay flat when not in use. That way I could roll them up and store them easily.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler0215 wrote:
This is not a smart a_ _ remark, but why do you want to cover your mirrors?

i cover my mirrors, wiper arms, tires and windshield when parked for extended periods. keeps weathering down and prevents the windshield from heating up and acting as a radiator.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
This is not a smart a_ _ remark, but why do you want to cover your mirrors?

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Teeshot1939 wrote:
Need help finding covers for outside mirrors on 2011 Itasca Ellipse/Winnebago Tour 42QD. Everything I see online appears to be too small. Mirrors are 22"H x 11"W x 8" deep. Will to buy custom if I can find a shop that would do it. Ideally would cover the mirror arms also. Any suggestions to help protect mirrors from sun damage? Thanks....

call Magneshade. they made mine. 336-753-0905.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle