cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mirrors

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2012 FW Storm F53 chassis. The mirrors have loosened while driving. As you can see in the picture there are 3 Allen bolts but I can only get to one of them because the side view camera blocks 2 of them. I donโ€™t see any way to remove the camera to gain access to the bolts. How are the bolts tightened and/or how are the cameras removed to tighten access the bolts?

6 REPLIES 6

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Did the whole assembly come loose or are just the mirrors shaking. On mine I pushed the mirror all the way to one side and I could see a clip on the top and a clip on the side behind the mirror. I used a flat screw driver to release the clips. I then tightened up the mounting screws and pushed the mirror back on.

Lobstah
Explorer
Explorer
And if Doc's idea doesn't work, that camera HAS to come apart for servicing. I'd bet the camera snaps in place, and once that's out, you should have access to the screws that hold the camera mount to the mirror.

Buy a plastic screwdriver/smugee if you don't already have one, and do a little gently prying. Also, call Fleetwood parts department. Every time I've used them, they've been spot on, and they can tell you how to solve the puzzle.

Jim
2005 Pace Arrow 36D
Very Understanding Wife
1 Boxer ๐Ÿ˜ž
3 Maine Coon cats

Doc_Eagle
Explorer
Explorer
Just a thought, we have something similar on our fire truck. We tighten two after turning mirror so we can access them, snug but not tight so mirror will still move. Position your mirror then tighten the one you can get to. Hope this helps.
1993 Fleetwood Flair 22D "Cat One"

USN(RET)
Fire Captain(Career)
Fire LT(Volunteer)

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
The mirrors look like Velvac. http://www.velvac.com/vehicle-segments/motorhome-rv

While the site can be hard to navigate (at least for me) I have found them very helpful by phone.

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
I have the type with a ball end and no there is not enough room. I looks like the camera needs to be dropped but I cannot see how it is attached. I can't find a manual for the cameras in my paperwork, I can't even find who makes them.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are you sure you cannot push up on the plastic housing enough to get a allen wrench in? They also make allen wrench's that have a ball end that would let you come in at an angle.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...