cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NC DMV Safety Inspection

93mastercraft
Explorer
Explorer
I know this is a stretch, but I will try anyway. Anyone on this forum from the Raleigh/Garner NC area ever used Gregory Poole's Truck service center on Jones Sausage Rd. to do your annual NC DMV safety inspection? If not, where is a good place to get this inspection done for a Class A?

2014.5 Thor Palazzo 35.1

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar with road master base plate
Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer
TPMS with toad and MH transmitters
9 REPLIES 9

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
Raleigh born and bred here.

Gregory Poole was around when I was a lad.

Good outfit is all that I can say.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

cwdavis
Explorer
Explorer
We've not used Poole's, but have used Piedmont Truck Tires in Raleigh, near RDU off US-70, for tires, service and inspections. Good outfit, terrific mechanics, highly recommended.
Bill & Ann Davis
1995 36' CC Intrigue
WHTAL!FE

Lancslad
Explorer
Explorer
We have inspections in VA. The inspector I use gets on a creeper and inspects the under carriage. I'm happy if he finds a problem, because he can fix it there rather than on the side of the road at 3.00am. That's a "Good" inspection!! Good value for $16.00.
Oh, and Gregory Poole is in VA too. I have had many excellent interactions with that company before I retired.
2011 FR Georgetown 337DS
2003 Dodge Dakota Towed

93mastercraft
Explorer
Explorer
byrdr1 wrote:
93mastercraft wrote:
I know this is a stretch, but I will try anyway. Anyone on this forum from the Raleigh/Garner NC area ever used Gregory Poole's Truck service center on Jones Sausage Rd. to do your annual NC DMV safety inspection? If not, where is a good place to get this inspection done for a Class A?

Not a straight answer but Gregory Poole does our Diesel generator inspections and service work with their quarterly maintenance service.
They have a service center in Mebane, NC.
Seem to be first class from what I have had to deal with. They are a large vehicle, equipment business in and around NC.
I think I would trust them.
Another reason I guess I will keep my 5er. Never thought about this side of the deal always thinking extra tires and bigger engines. never gave NC yearly inspections a thought.

randy

Oh, The $13.50 for the safety inspection aint the problem. It's the property tax that comes right after the inspection. ๐Ÿ˜ž But hey, it's like they say, if you want to play... you's got to pay!

2014.5 Thor Palazzo 35.1

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
93mastercraft wrote:

Not a straight answer but Gregory Poole does our Diesel generator inspections and service work with their quarterly maintenance service.
They have a service center in Mebane, NC.
Seem to be first class from what I have had to deal with. They are a large vehicle, equipment business in and around NC.
I think I would trust them.
Another reason I guess I will keep my 5er. Never thought about this side of the deal always thinking extra tires and bigger engines. never gave NC yearly inspections a thought.

randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

93mastercraft
Explorer
Explorer
willald wrote:
Where ever you take it, call ahead first and make sure they are OK with doing the inspection for a Class A Motorhome like you have.

I've found that many places refuse to do such for a Motorhome, because even though they only have to do a safety inspection (no emissions), state law still requires that they put it on a lift and inspect the undercarriage. Not many places have a lift capable of lifting these beasts. Some places will do the inspection for you anyway and don't lift it, and just risk getting caught, fined by the state. Others will not take that risk. Others just don't want to do it at all and will make other excuses, 'cause there's so little $$ in it. That's why, you need to call ahead and make sure before you waste a bunch of time and fuel.

Yup, Yup, Yup. I am fully aware of all the above. Fact of the matter is, I don't trust certain places. I will not name any names. I took it to one of those places last year. I will probably be stuck taking it there again. I guess my question should of been what experiences with Gregory Poole does anyone have?

2014.5 Thor Palazzo 35.1

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where ever you take it, call ahead first and make sure they are OK with doing the inspection for a Class A Motorhome like you have.

I've found that many places refuse to do such for a Motorhome, because even though they only have to do a safety inspection (no emissions), state law still requires that they put it on a lift and inspect the undercarriage. Not many places have a lift capable of lifting these beasts. Some places will do the inspection for you anyway and don't lift it, and just risk getting caught, fined by the state. Others will not take that risk. Others just don't want to do it at all and will make other excuses, 'cause there's so little $$ in it. That's why, you need to call ahead and make sure before you waste a bunch of time and fuel.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
For motorhomes, the North Carolina safety inspection is the same, no matter which county the vehicle is register in. Motorhomes are exempt from emission inspections.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Any place that is NC Safety Inspection Certified is ok if they do Class A inspections.... some facilities are not able to do the large ones.

Gregory Poole is a well known service center. Inspections are not a big deal, depends upon the area what is required.