cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with my vents

Adamgre
Explorer
Explorer
This is my first post so I hope I'm in the right place. I just bought a 1986 Minnie Winnie, 24ft on a ford chassis. I've figured almost everything out on this but can't seem to figure one thing. When I turn my key on in the cab there is a vent that blows from under the bed in the rear. While I'm driving this thing puts out a lot of heat, which would be nice in the winter but is miserable right now. Anyone know how to turn this thing off. There are several vents but only one that blows with ignition key on. Less important but I'll go ahead and ask. My fuel gauge isn't workin so I've ordered a new pump and sender. They said there was a option for manual or electric pump. When I looked to see if it was manual there are two lines near where a manual pump would be but aren't hooked into anything. I haven't traced them back yet but wondered if anyone knew what they may be. Thanks in advance for any help
4 REPLIES 4

Adamgre
Explorer
Explorer
I've looked all around the bed, on dash for a rear air control, and anywhere else I could think and nothing! I don't even know what makes it blow? Ducting doesn't come from the heater, it goes in behind shower and disappears. I've got a few books with it but no mention of this feature. I look for fuses tomorrow. Thanks for all the help

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
There should be a rotary switch on the dash marked "Rear Heat". Turning it counter clockwise will turn the fan and heat off. If you can't find the switch, call Winnebago customer service and they will tell you exactly where it is.

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Look for a switch marked Coach Heat...this is heat piped in by the chassis heater...worse comes to worse and you don't find it, it has to have a 12v fuse...pull it.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check back around the bed. My neighbor has it but he is on the road.