cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never Off Refrigerator

JackInAZ
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a new RV (our 13th one), a Bounder 33C. It has a Samsung residential refrigerator, model RF197 ACRS. It has a lot of bells and whistles, but what it doesn't have is an off button, for when I want to temporarily store the RF without food but with other things still working, which would not be possible if I have to use the battery cut-off switches as Samsung suggests. Their other suggestion is to never take food out of the fridge and leave it on all the time, which is just as ridiculous as building a refrigerator without an off switch.

The refrigerator is run through a 2000 W inverter when not on shore power. I could, of course, turn off the inverter, but the fridge would then continue to run until it depleted the batteries, not a desirable outcome.

Anyone suggest a work-around to this engineering marvel?
31 REPLIES 31

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
JackInAZ wrote:
Just purchased a new RV (our 13th one), a Bounder 33C. It has a Samsung residential refrigerator, model RF197 ACRS. It has a lot of bells and whistles, but what it doesn't have is an off button, for when I want to temporarily store the RF without food but with other things still working, which would not be possible if I have to use the battery cut-off switches as Samsung suggests. Their other suggestion is to never take food out of the fridge and leave it on all the time, which is just as ridiculous as building a refrigerator without an off switch.

The refrigerator is run through a 2000 W inverter when not on shore power. I could, of course, turn off the inverter, but the fridge would then continue to run until it depleted the batteries, not a desirable outcome.

Anyone suggest a work-around to this engineering marvel?

Good morning.

If you turn off the inverter the fridge should quit. If the inverter is off it won't draw anything from the batteries.

As other poster mentioned, you can also put a switch on the plug being fed by the inverter.

Happy trails.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Route the outlet through a switch.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/