Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member with used class c

Retired48
Explorer
Explorer
Hello to all,
Just joined RV.net today and looking forward to reading all the great posting and information available here. We just purchased a class c motorhome ( Forester) 32 foot and have taken it out 3 times and love it compared to our past 23 ft travel trailer.
We are planning to take it to Ga. for 30 days in February to get away from the upstate cold we get in NYS fo see how we do as snowbirds.
Any feedback is welcomed.
Thanks,

John & Kathy
8 REPLIES 8

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
Where to in Georgia? We're from the midwest and thinking of heading south in Feb but most everything is full. Just wondering what you found.

try far south Texas. its very nice here in the winter lots to do and see. buy far south Texas I mean the Rio grand valley. gas is cheaper too
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Georgia will not be real warm in February, BUT it will be better than NYS.
We have been to Twin Oaks - it is an OK spot.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Retired48
Explorer
Explorer
Looking in the Perry ga area. Found two campgrounds that have openings (Twin Oaks )
Small park with good reviews and $ 455.00 for a months stay. Not a resort by any means but close to a nice small town called Perry and less than 1hr from Macon.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where to in Georgia? We're from the midwest and thinking of heading south in Feb but most everything is full. Just wondering what you found.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Retired48 wrote:
Hello to all,
Just joined RV.net today and looking forward to reading all the great posting and information available here. We just purchased a class c motorhome ( Forester) 32 foot and have taken it out 3 times and love it compared to our past 23 ft travel trailer.
We are planning to take it to Ga. for 30 days in February to get away from the upstate cold we get in NYS fo see how we do as snowbirds.
Any feedback is welcomed.
Thanks,

John & Kathy

Book well in advance, if possible, when snowbirding.
It's become that popular, mostly in Florida and the Gulf Coast. Farther west (NM/AZ/CA) still have some walk up options that will probably be able to get you out of the cold for a few weeks.
If there's a specific park (your Georgia destination, perhaps?) you want to be in next winter, book it as soon as you can after you get back from the previous season, or re-book before you leave.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco-noslide wrote:
Went from a small 5th wheel to a used 30 ft. C 7 years ago. We still like the 16 year old C with 2 slides very much. I like the backing in, the generator and more. I first worried about a drop in MPG from the truck to the MH but the Ford Focus we tow more than makes up for it. We've put a lot of money into it but there is no cheap RVing.

wait... Jayco-noslide has 2 slides? I feel so deceived. :B

to the OP, no advice here on snowbirding. Maybe in 15 years! Welcome, and have fun.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Went from a small 5th wheel to a used 30 ft. C 7 years ago. We still like the 16 year old C with 2 slides very much. I like the backing in, the generator and more. I first worried about a drop in MPG from the truck to the MH but the Ford Focus we tow more than makes up for it. We've put a lot of money into it but there is no cheap RVing.
Jayco-noslide

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Welcome to the forums.

Will you be in the snow at all?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.