cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New to RVing and Already Upgrading

CaptStacey
Explorer
Explorer
Bought our first motorhome last year, a 2021 Jayco Alante 26X. Never thought we'd like RVing this much. Now we're hooked. Took a month long trip around Oregon and decided a little bigger RV is in order. We plan to drive it completely around the USA next spring. So we recently sold our RV and bought a new Jayco Precept 31UL.

We videoed the process of upgrading our RV, from delivery to shakedown cruise and camping. Was it worth it? What modifications do we have planned? How does it compare to our previous RV? Here's the link to the video:

https://youtu.be/OjyTqqQfJDU
8 REPLIES 8

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like they already bought a Jayco Precept 31UL.

Sionel09
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed RVing and are planning an extended trip around the USA! That sounds like an amazing adventure. I hope you have a great time and come back to share your experiences with us.

If you're looking for recommendations on rv classes, I recommend checking out the Jayco Alante 26X. It's a great RV for first-timers and has all the features you need for a comfortable trip.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kind of like my OTHER hobby.. (Ham Radio) or..well I kind of like photography too.

Always a better radio, Camera, RV out there ๐Ÿ™‚

Enjoy the upgraede.. RV wise I'm about 1/4 looking for a "Downgrade" My History
First Tent (still have one)
Then Tent Trailer (PUP)
Then 13' Scamp
Then Class A (sadly totaled by a nice semi driver.. Though I did not think so kindly of him at the time.. but as I cleaned it out and found "issues" I was unaware of he got nicer and nicer)

Now I'm looking for basically a 16' Scamp.. OR equivalent.. Need Bed, Kitchen, (I have a small fridge) Table to eat and computer on. and toilet (Do not need shower but usually a trailer this size has a "Wet" toilet) There is an advantage (in my case) to a "Wet" toilet (Toilet and shower in same place you can sit while you shower) But i'm not going to describe it.

Do not wish to break my bank however.. Still will be interesting search GVW <200 0 lbs is also on the "requirement" list but that can be "Dry" weight (no water on board)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
Uh Oh I think I see a 45-footer before long.

When you go full time you'll love the space.

Time marches on so go have fun on your travels

WinMinnie02
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats enjoy GoRV. It is a great lifestyle been doing 20+ years while the kids and more importantly we were still young and healthy. Same unit and still running great bought new in 2002. All the naysayers back then are now looking at us differently.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Or, ignore all the noise and just enjoy yourself! It's your money and your adventures so just sit back and continue to share your adventures with those of us who are interested.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Matt_Colie wrote:
This is exactly why we so often advise that you find out what you can rent and try it out first.
Matt

Or go with a used unit the first time around.

It's a lot less painful to take a 20% hit on a $20k used MH rather than on an $80k new MH (and many people are playing in the $200-500k range).
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
This is exactly why we so often advise that you find out what you can rent and try it out first.
Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.