Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to us Coachmen Freedom sewer connection seems very low

GDC
Explorer
Explorer
Hello

We took delivery of a 2006 Coachmen Freedom 314SOQ on Saturday (we traded our Sunline). As I was pulling into my driveway, my wife, who was following in our truck, noticed that the sewer connection barely cleared the road as I pulled up the slight incline in our driveway.

Looking closer, I found that the cap is barely 3" off the roadway. It is far enough behind the rear wheels so that I think a speedbump or deep pothole would take it off.

Has anyone ever raised the sewer connection on these for clearance? It currently runs under the generator exhaust pipe, but it looks like ther is enough room to route it above the pipe and still maintain a downward slope towards the valve.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks
Greg
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad cab 4x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2006 Coachmen Freedom 314SO
Dingy - 2002 Chevy Tracker, aka "The Buggy"
4 REPLIES 4

GDC
Explorer
Explorer
We were able to get it raised but had to move the generator exhaust to move it. We gained about 4" of clearance. Now I'm not afraid of ripping it off on a speed bump

N7SJN
Explorer
Explorer
I've been living with a low sewer outlet. I have not taken it into a shop as it appears the fix would be major $$$. In the nine years we have had the unit I've only knocked the cap off just once, needless to say I'm very carefull where I go.

GDC
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info Dakzuki. We have contacted the dealer to see if that can be done.

Greg

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same issue. In my case there was a part swap that could be accomplished to raise it so it was a simple fix. I had it done when I had a dump valve replaced under warranty so I got out of doing it myself.

In your case if you are above the genny exhaust you may want to wrap the exhaust to keep heat from getting at the sewer pipe.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad