cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie - '90 Holiday Rambler Limited DP Power Window

JorgeS
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for help on a 1990 HR Limited we're seriously considering, and really like, but have some concerns.
It's been well cared for, but has some issues that make us afraid it will empty our wallets. If we can figure out how serious these are, we will make an offer, or walk away. I'm posting several threads by item, to make it easier to answer. Hopefully someone here is familiar with these coaches, and can offer some advice.

The Driver's Power Window seems to work fine, although it doesn't go all the way down, leaving about 2" of glass up (this may be normal). But it does work.

The Curb side PW doesn't work at all. If it's the switch, I think I can handle the swap. If it's the regulator (motor and other stuff), I can handle it, as long as parts are available.
Does anyone know if this shares design with another vehicle?
Maybe HR shared components with a car or pickup?
Any idea what it might take to repair?

Thank you in advance!
My wife and I really like the coach, the layout, the quality, the ruggedness, etc., and would like to get it if we think we can address the concerns

Jorge
Jorge
1990 Holiday Rambler Limited 37'
1 REPLY 1

MrWizard
it will be from another vehicle (motor home production not rate design and mfg specific parts that can be sourced cheaper)
a Holiday Rambler users group, might be the best place to find
the replacement info

window motors and step motors are often 'Ford' products

dash vents and A/C heat controls are often dodge/chrysler products

head lamps, source from a variety of different vehicles
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s