cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newer entry level DP bunkhouses?

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
After 2 years of owning a small gasser my family and I have come to better understand what we really want out of a coach. The ACE is great and no real complaints. But you get what you pay for. So a few things on the wish list are; a better ride. Small gasser does fine on smooth roads but get on a road like VA I95 and all bets are off. Way too much road feedback to the point of cringing. I want a smooth effortless ride. We want real bunks instead of the overhead drop down. I want a single bath instead of split. I want a real pull out sofa instead of a jackknife. We want a residential refer. Something a little bigger, not much maybe 35'. 2 slides at least. Lots of storage. LESS NOISE. I really want a much quieter ride. A few other things but you get the idea. The catch is we want to stay under $140k and 2009 or newer. Being a Thor fan, we really like the Palazzo 33.3. Pretty much has everything on the wish list and a price under $140k (quote from Lazy Days). Hard to beat for a brand new DP and from some reviews I have read it handles like a dream. I checked out Fleetwood excursion but no bunk model, likewise with the allegro. Pretty sure I want to go DP as I really don't think another gasser will give me the comfort, ride and lower noise I am looking for. If someone knows of a gasser that handles like a DP I would love to know. Otherwise, anyone know of any smaller entry level DP's with bunks in that range, or what to look at in a used only a few years old or any Palazzo owners that can weigh in? Thanks all.
2013 ACE 29.2
30 REPLIES 30

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
There is an active Thor group at Irv2.com. and a large Q&A section about the Palazzo from owners.

I am jealous, was hoping to do a switch to the Palazzo this year but had to change plans. You might check out rvdirect.com if you are interested in going that route. When I was looking they had some good prices, I am thinking about $100k. I know that when I contacted them I got the price and one follow up message and that has been over a year ago so they don't bug you till you have to change your e-mail address and phone number.