Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newmar "Legendary" Support

Stutch
Explorer
Explorer
Advice please!

I would like to speak to Newmar customer support for my new Dutch Star. Their 800# for support is constantly busy, been trying for weeks, and the do not respond to email.

What happened to their reputation of legendary support reputation? The first time I need them, they can't be found!

Not Good!
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
Honda CRV
TM
21 REPLIES 21

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Newmar knows they have an issue with the 800 number and are working on it. I love my Newmar, but I find it hard to believe in this day and age and a company that big, that they can't resolve this quickly. I know it's been a problem for months.

I hate to give this number out, but you will get through on their direct number.....(574) 773-7791
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

dkreuzen
Explorer
Explorer
I have a buddy with a new Dutch Star and he calls the factory often and always seems to get through without a problem.
Dennis
2012 Monaco Knight 36PFT
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 2007 16' Car Trailer

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
Your dealer is always your best first option.

Can't completely agree with that. It depends on what the problem is.

If it's a component (air conditioner, fridge, generator) contact the maker if it's under warranty. If it's chassis related, contact the chassis manufacturer.

Some dealers don't want to hear from you again once you're out the door, unfortunately....until it's time to buy a new coach.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

Bruce_Brown
Your dealer is always your best first option.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Stutch
Explorer
Explorer
I used the contact page on their site AND just now called the dealer. The dealer has been great.

Still, what gives with Newmar? Maybe I am think of this wrong!! If I am looking for advice/possible trouble shooting, should I not be talking to Newmar directly?

The dealer halped me with my fan problem and all is well, but shouldn't I get this same support from Newmar?

Thanks
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
Honda CRV
TM

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Stutch wrote:
Advice please!

I would like to speak to Newmar customer support for my new Dutch Star. Their 800# for support is constantly busy, been trying for weeks, and the do not respond to email.

What happened to their reputation of legendary support reputation? The first time I need them, they can't be found!

Not Good!

Have you called the dealer?
2013 ACE 29.2

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try the 'contact' page on their site.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman