cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of Levelers?

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
I like our 2002 Itasca 30 ft. Class C but 2 things I don't like. The outside storage openings are too narrow and too low (good reason for a Class A) and the lack of automatic levelers. Can't do anything about the storage but wondering how much it is costing you folks to get levelers installed. Seems like I checked once and decided it was so expensive to just make-do or take that money towards a used Class A.
Jayco-noslide
5 REPLIES 5

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a money saving tip if you want HWH to install them. Buy them from a dealer (like Lichtsinn for instance) to be installed at HWH. You will get the guys that know the system best installing it but it will be cheaper than buying directly from them. HWH doesn't want to undercut their dealer network so they sell for more if you buy directly from them. No, I haven't done this but others in the RV community have done it. It pays to shop around....once again.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

DocP
Explorer
Explorer
I have the HWH leveling system with the kick-down jacks (computerized 725 system rather than the joystick version). Since my motorhome had to be ordered from the factory, they were able to swing by HWH and have the levelers installed on the way back to the dealer. Installed price was $4,792.50. Yeah, it's a lot, but at age 62 and after 40 years of manual leveling all types of trailers, I felt that I deserved it. Really, really good investment, in my opinion.
Michael & Anne
Retired and loving it!
Macedonia, OH

Pops
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like your leaning toward a class A. I came from an A to a C. Had levelers and plenty of storage. In 2010, I downsized to a 2007 Winnebago Aspect 26A and storage became not a problem, although they are lower. However I had to get automatic levelers after a few camping trips. Got HWH from CW for around $2900-3400, depending on specials running at that time. Another item to consider for my situation, DW can drive the C and not the A.
2012 Itasca Cambria 28T

Nevadastars
Explorer
Explorer
I was told by a local RV shop $3k..........at least. 😞
2016 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 262RGX 8,268 UVW 11,754 GVWR
2007 Ram 2500 QC SB 4x4 Smarty tuned 5.9 Cummins
B&W Turnover Ball & Andersen Ultimate

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
when I was looking they told me anywhere from $3-5K installed, depends on the type.