cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No class B+ around here?

labguy1963
Explorer
Explorer
I went to a few of the big RV places near me to at least check them out. To my surprise, neither had ANY B's at all! I do see many online, but we know how pics can make them look like a steal when in reality, the are a bust. I am hoping to find a nice late 1990's to around 2005 era. Trail Lite or similar looks like a practical rv for me and my dog 🙂 . Jeff
3 REPLIES 3

labguy1963
Explorer
Explorer
I really like this one, of course it was sold. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0byReS6kbCI

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
FYI to give you some more options... Starflyte by Coachman became a Dynamax Starflyte, Carri-Go by Carriage became a Dynamax product and the Firan Europa, Touring Sedan became the Dynamax Isata Touring Sedan. We looked for these additional nameplates also before we found our 2004 Trail Lite B+ 213 for our 2013 Alaska trip.

You might read some of this topic on B+ motorhomes, to find out the pluses, mods and short-comings found by owners for over 14 years.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
In that era B+ type Cs were just growing from a boutique market into something offered by major manufacturers. Before 2000, look for Coachhouse, Dynamax. , Later R-Vision started doing some of their Trail Lite C's without the overhead bed, Gulfstream entered the market with th BT Cruiser, inventing "B+" as a marketing term, Phoenix Cruiser started manufacturing, and Forest River created the Lexington line, stretching the B+ idea to include some very large Cs, up to 30 ft.

When I was shopping in 2004, most of what was pre-2000 used was Coachhouse, what was available new was mostly Gulfstream and Forest River, with Phoenix Cruiser trying to establish a dealer network.

When I look around today at the used market, what I see most are Winnebago Aspect and its Itasca twin, because that's the volume manufacturer that stayed with the type, after others backed out of the segment during the recession. But those will be mostly 2005 and later, and indeed, the B+ market was at it's peak 2005-2008, so you might adjust your target years. 2005-2008 even Coachmen, Thor/Fourwinds and Fleetwood got into the B+ segment.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B