cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our cottage has wheels!

GrampaDennis
Explorer
Explorer
After viewing 16 used motorhomes in 8 days, we made the deal tonight to buy one. The Mrs and I have been shopping near the low end, looking at units under $30K. Among the 16, I would say that only 3 were in good enough condition to meet our standards. We had at least one "near miss," where a coach that sounded great, and looked great in the ad pictures, was bought before we could get to it. Near the end of our search, we were tempted by some that were above the price range we had set. In the end, we stayed within our limit. You see, we believe in this "Easy Finance Plan" - 100% down and no monthly payments.

We're buying a 1998 Fleetwood Southwind 32V. It has one slide (sofa and dinette) and is built on the Chevrolet chassis, with the 7.4L Vortec engine. It has 27,900 miles and is in outstanding condition. I'll post some photos later. The seller is going to clean out his belongings, and will deliver the MH to our place by Wednesday. We will exchange money and papers then, and give the selling couple a ride home.

Thanks to all of you forum contributors. I have read many of the threads here. Your experiences and advice are very helpful. We have owned various trailers before, but this is our first MH. While I am new here, I have participated in several other forums, especially TractorbyNet.
5 REPLIES 5

GrampaDennis
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, folks, for the good wishes.

Here is a link to the only photo I have taken so far. I'll post more after the MH is delivered.

First photo of our new "Cottage" on wheels

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! We like our 96 Southwind, I'm sure you'll be happy with your 98.
Enjoy your travels.

crimmps49
Explorer
Explorer
Same here--love that it's paid for. Good luck with your new cottage on wheels and enjoy.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! We feel the same way about Our Finance Company! We particularly like the No Hidden Fees and Low Interest Rate!

Enjoy Your Cottage.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

Airstreamer67
Explorer
Explorer
Well Grandpa, Congratulations!

You guys made a plan, stuck to it, and have seen it come to fruition.

Best of luck in your future travels with your new Cottage on Wheels!