cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside Mirror Adjustments

kioticoachman
Explorer
Explorer
Senior citizen just purchased a 2000 - 2001 Ford Coachman Class C - 5.4 Triton engine (65,000) - Catalina Sport. Would like to hear from other owners as what I should be concerned with before taking an upcoming trip?

However, at this time, would like to know where to look for the outside mirror connections an adjustments? I'm sure they're probably right in front of me but perhaps hidden under some kind of fitting and what to remove to check for tightness. Thank you for taking the time to read & hopefully reply to note. KC
7 REPLIES 7

kioticoachman
Explorer
Explorer
Oldme wrote:
Like other Class C there is no remote mirror adjustment.
They are adjusted manually by push/pulling on the large mirror.
It help to have a helper for the right side.

They will also fold to the door if you need more room while parked.

Upon further examination the mirrors installed are manual Velvac. Present position are satisfactory. I would really like to know where the mirror arm is fastened & to check the torque.The photo I have from Velvac is difficult to see the mechanisms where this takes place. Thank you very much! CK

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Oldme. Can't think my rig is unusual. My large mirrors do have remote control. That said, the lower convex mirror which is part of the entire assembly is manual and I couldn't, for the life of me, adjust it. I was afraid I would break it. My rig manuals gave me the information as to what company manufactured the mirrors and I got their customer service info from their website. I told them what mirror model I had and explained the problem. They emailed me a PDF file on that particular model along with their tips on the easiest way to access the interior, out of sight, screw which needed to be loosened in order to fix the problem. So, OP, maybe you can contact the mirror mfr and get some help from them. Obviously not every Class C rig has the same mirrors and what works for some may not work for others??
www.putt10.net

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
If you have remote adjustment , it will be on the driver side panel same as car, but it is an option and you probably don't have it.
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
Like other Class C there is no remote mirror adjustment.
They are adjusted manually by push/pulling on the large mirror.
It help to have a helper for the right side.

They will also fold to the door if you need more room while parked.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

kioticoachman
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your assistance. I'll try to remember! KC

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Will get better response if you be sure to post in the appropriate forums. I have asked the mod to move it for you.