cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oven space for dishwasher

bhivetravels
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone removed their oven and replaced it with a dishwasher? While I think the space is the right amount, I'd then need to install a stand alone range on top of the dishwasher. Think it is doable?
Jim and Monica
Maj. USAF Ret. โ€” High School Teacher Ret.
2016 Jayco Pinnacle Ford 350 Turbo Diesel
Full-Timing with Meiko and Marlie:C
17 REPLIES 17

bhivetravels
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Begs the question...Why?:h

Two plates, two forks, two knives, maybe two spoons and two glasses....two gallons of water to wash and rinse vs a dishwasher using up to 12 gallons each time it's used. Then there's the weight, 60# and power usage. If you or your SO like to cook, removing the oven seems counter-productive...Things to consider.

Since there's different strokes for different folks, to be able to accurately answer your question, it depends on the type and model of dishwasher you're considering. A countertop is about the size of a microwave but I'm assuming you're looking at a slimline. Every mfg posts specs on their units. Measure twice and cut once. Only you can determine how much effort will be spent with the changeout....Dennis

I know it is supposed to work that way but we seem to generate 5 times the amount of dishes that you would normally think! My biggest challenge is finding a stand alone gas range that will fit on top of the dishwasher.
Jim and Monica
Maj. USAF Ret. โ€” High School Teacher Ret.
2016 Jayco Pinnacle Ford 350 Turbo Diesel
Full-Timing with Meiko and Marlie:C

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:

Two plates, two forks, two knives, maybe two spoons and two glasses....two gallons of water to wash and rinse vs a dishwasher using up to 12 gallons each time it's used. Then there's the weight, 60# and power usage. If you or your SO like to cook, removing the oven seems counter-productive...Things to consider.

Since there's different strokes for different folks, to be able to accurately answer your question, it depends on the type and model of dishwasher you're considering. A countertop is about the size of a microwave but I'm assuming you're looking at a slimline. Every mfg posts specs on their units. Measure twice and cut once. Only you can determine how much effort will be spent with the changeout....Dennis

I like cake and pie. My DW bakes great. I am keeping my oven. What about the
Plumbing changes?
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG