cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Overhead protection

PhilandJoyce
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I just purchased our first Minnie Winnie, and, not wanting to seem overly-protective, I was wondering if anyone knows of a cover or bra that is made for the overhead?
We've traveled with a cargo-carrier on top of my SUV for years and even the nose of that has taken a beating from debris and insects.
I've only been able to find bras for Class A's.
I hope I not the only one who has worried about this. Otherwise, I may want to re-adjust my life-time priorities.
9 REPLIES 9

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
More holes to chance leaks with those snap connectors ??
Good luck on whatever you decide on that works best for you..

JaxDad , car wash soap would be better , with the dishsoap your removing any kind of wax you or ? has put on the RV. Unless it doesn't matter because you don't wax the RV ?...

PhilandJoyce
Explorer
Explorer
From my years working as a Paramedic, and having driven through many a "swarm", I would rather put a bra in place during our travels than trying to scrub all those suicidal insects off. Worse is when they get "baked on" by continued driving.
Oh. And the smell isn't something I enjoyed either.
A custom-made bra might be in my future, with a couple "snap-connectors" put along the sides of the overhead for quick "on-off".
I'll let you know how I make out.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
If I know I'm going to be travelling in a very buggy area I'll wipe the nose with a bit of liquid dish detergent on a mop before I go. Afterwards just a garden hose rinses the bugs and soap away.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think it would be difficult to remove and replace. I purchased a long handled brush and own a portable pressure washer I use on my desert trek vehicles. Works great.

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
You could always take it to a custom shop where they do the spray on 3M film on the front end of new cars this for an example
http://www.invisiblemask.com/clearbra_land.html?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=CL7GqOTd0cMCFRSPfgodlEUAEQ

A bra would most likely do more damage to the nose of the overhead than to help protect it ! . The bras were/are not meant to be left on ,especially during wet weather ! , That's why you pretty much don't see them anymore , people left them on , grit got underneath it and scratched the clearcoat/paint and when wet left to dry on the car it got molded and clouded the paint...

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I use bounce sheets. Up until 6 years ago, the two daughters of friends of mine used to scrub the bugs off for $20 each. I would have paid them more, but their parents wanted them to have a reason for going to college. Guess it worked because they're both good college students, but I'm back to doing it myself. Oh, well.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
try dryer sheets - I use wet a new bounce sheet and wet down the surface of the camper. takes the bugs right off.

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
Might be hard to attach it to something. I sure like the idea though.
Linda
Scout, 10 year old Husky/Shepherd
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

dennyida
Explorer
Explorer
I too would like to put a bra on the nose of our granite ridge. I hate to see all the bugs splattered on it and its a pain to clean. I should start up my own shop and start making custom bra`s. Let us know what you find. safe travels.