cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pantry

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
Let's see if I can link photos correctly from Google Plus...

Our 21' Class C immediately came under criticism from DW for a lack of a pantry. We don't have any plans to use the wardrobe, so one side was converted into a pantry:

Measured and built a frame for full extension slides so our modifications could be removed by the next owner:

Note pegboard on outward side so she can hang utensils.

Finished it with five drawers but the top one was too high to be useful to her, so it's back down to four:

Now I needed some way to lock the drawers in place while driving. That's a 5/16" steel rod ($6 from Home Depot) that slides up into a through hole on the top, and down into a recessed hole in the bottom. It snugs up against slides (bracket adds extra support) and prevents drawer slides from sliding open:

6 REPLIES 6

dvitale300
Explorer
Explorer
Darn, wish I was that handy!!!

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Nicely done! That's a good-lookin' pantry.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Nice work. I like that frame idea. What I'd probably do is see if I could find a metal rack and dedicate part of the space for a pull out pantry, the rest would be dedicated to the relatively few clothes that need a wardrobe to hang properly. The nice thing about that frame is that it can be placed or removed at will without any real permanent modifications done.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
nicely done
bumpy

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job!
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C