Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parking brake switch

dshinnick
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all-
We have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador. I need to replace the Parking brake sensor switch, the gizmo which detects whether the parking brake is set or not. Where is this thing located, and how do I get to it? Monaco tech support said its not hard to replace.
Thanks!
Dave
2 REPLIES 2

dshinnick
Explorer
Explorer
Got it done! Thanks for the help.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Dave....It is directly under and attached to your parking brake button on your side panel. You have to remove the panel cover to the left of the driver's seat. Don't be intimidated by the maze of wires you find in there. Just move them around gently.

It's too difficult to replace the sensor without pulling the parking brake out of the panel. Unscrew the silver knob on the parking brake and remove. You'll see three screws around the parking brake holding it in place. You need to remove these screws, but keep in mind that they have nuts under the panel. They may fall, but catch them if you can.

Once you get the parking brake loose, slowly work it out of the panel. It has two air lines attached to it, I think they're red and blue. On the bottom of the parking brake you'll see a brass fitting about the size of your thumb with two wires attached. That's the sensor.

Once you remove the sensor, use Teflon tape on the new one and reinstall.

This may sound more complicated than it is, but I tried to give you a blow by blow description. The job is pretty easy.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab