cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

poliglow

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
I finally had a chance to try poliglow on my rv.I didn't have a chance to do the whole thing so I figured I would do just the back just to see what it would look like.After I cleaned it with the poliprep I went to towl dry it and lint from the towel came off on the surface.I figured it was the towel so I let it dry naturally.After it dryed I got the applicator out put some poliglow on it and started to apply it as the instructions stated.The same thing happened to the applicator.Coming off onto the surface.Anyone had this happen.What could I be doing wrong.I already contacted poliglow about the situation but would like to get someones input on this.
joe money
11 REPLIES 11

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
I emailed poliglow and they said that my issue was very unusual and their gonna ship me another yellow cloth to go over the applicator.The one I have been using is still ok.The only thing is yellow lint from the fabric is coming off when I do the swipes.I will try scrubbing more with the poliprep and rinsing more and see if that does the trick.
joe money

carpetguy2
Explorer
Explorer
You don't towel dry it.Let it air dry.
Treat it like a varnish or paint.I use it a lot .Great product.
Always use the applicator and keep it moist in a bag.
Never had a issue
2007.5 chevy 3500 ltz CC LB Duramax
2016 Open range 3x378
Some other toys too

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe a call to Poliglow would be good.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
I think that is the problem.When I started to put the poliglow on the applicator was dry.I think I should have rinsed the applicator out with water before I applied the poliglow to it.
joe money

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
You're either not rinsing enough or there's still old finish on the RV that needs more poli-prep.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
I used a microfiber towel and it done the same thing.I did use a wax plus soap all in one the last time I washed my rv so maybe I didn't get all the wax off.
joe money

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
You indicated it was the Poly-prep that the lint stuck to. Do you use the supplied applicator for both the prep and final application????
Perhaps you should have used a microfiber towel like many use for the RedMax application???? Just thinkin' out loud.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
HappyKayakers wrote:
The applicator I got with my Poli-Glow kit was a chamois cloth so none of that should be coming off. I would suspect you still have towel lint on your RV, leftover from your previous drying attempt. I would just hose the surface down and sponge it off to remove any remaining lint, then let it air dry.

X2 there is no way lint is coming from the applicator.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
The applicator I got with my Poli-Glow kit was a chamois cloth so none of that should be coming off. I would suspect you still have towel lint on your RV, leftover from your previous drying attempt. I would just hose the surface down and sponge it off to remove any remaining lint, then let it air dry.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

cobra350
Explorer
Explorer
I use poliglow on my boat and RV have not had that problem. Wish I could tell you what caused it. Good luck. I let mine air dry after poli prep.
Rick & Darlene Carson
16 Berkshire XLT 43A
15 Ford Explorer (the toad)
14 Shelby GT500
02 Ford Ranger
08 Honda Goldwing

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Have you waxed your RV before? You may need to use the prep several times to ensure all the old wax is removed.
I had no wax on mine, so one application of the prep was all i needed. I did apply three applications of the polyglow. Each application was in a different direction and it came out smooth as glass.